Who's Your Caddy?
|Who's Your Caddy?|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Don Michael Paul|
|Produced by||Christopher Eberts
|Written by||Don Michael Paul
|Starring||Antwan "Big Boi" Patton
|Music by||Jon Lee
Russ "Aaddict" Howard
Zack "Bizness" Burke
Nate & Brainz
|Edited by||Vanick Moradian
|Distributed by||The Weinstein Company|
|July 27, 2007|
|Box office||$5,713,425 (United States)|
Who's Your Caddy? is a 2007 comedy film directed by Don Michael Paul, and starring Big Boi, Lil Wayne, Andy Milonakis, Faizon Love, Terry Crews, Tony Cox, Jeffrey Jones, and Jesper Parnevik. It is the first film produced by Robert L. Johnson's Our Stories Films studio. It was released on July 27, 2007 in the United States and was released on DVD on November 27, 2007.
When hip-hop star Christopher “C-Note” Hawkins (Big Boi) is denied membership into an exclusive Carolina Pines Country Club, he comes up with a cunning plan that will oblige the country club to allow his acceptance. C-Note purchases property that contains land from the 17th hole, and bribes the country club for a membership in exchange for his land. The rest of the movie’s plot revolves around the club members and their efforts to get C-Note kicked out, while he disrupts the club’s atmosphere.
- Big Boi as Christopher "C-Note" Hawkins (credited as "Antwan André Patton")
- Chase A.A. Jackson as Christopher "C-Note" Hawkins flashback as little boy
- David Kelly[disambiguation needed] as Robert "Bobby" Hawkins
- James Avery as Caddy Mack
- Bruce Bruce as Golf-Ball Eddie
- Tony Cox as Big Willie Johnson
- Terry Crews as Tank
- Faizon Love as Big Large
- Finesse Mitchell as Dread
- Jeffrey Jones as Cummings
- Jesper Parnevik as Himself
- Andy Milonakis as Wilson Cummings
- Sherri Shepherd as Lady G
- Tamala Jones as Shannon Williams
- Garrett Morris as Rev. JJ Jackson
- Cam Gigandet as Mick
- Chase Tatum as Kidd Clean
- Susan Ward as Mrs. Cummings
- Hugh Jass as Bobby Lee
- Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs as Joseph Williams
- Robert Curtis Brown as Frosty
- Todd Sherry as Realtor
- Matthew Reichel as Himself
- Lil Wayne as Himself
The film had received negative reviews from critics. In particular, many critics have deemed this film a "terrible rip-off" of Caddyshack. Overall it is ranked a "Rotten" rating of 6% on Rotten Tomatoes, with the consensus calling the film "unoriginal, unfunny, and just plain forgettable." However, former U.S. president Bill Clinton "loves" the film. The film was nominated for a Golden Raspberry awards in the fields of Worst Remake or Rip-off, but lost to I Know Who Killed Me..
The movie grossed US$2.76 million in its first week at the box office, debuting in the number 10 spot. But the film was a dud at the box office, earning only $5,713,425.
- "Who's Your Caddy?". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved April 26, 2009.
- Leydon, Joe (July 27, 2007). "V-Film Review: Who's Your Caddy?". Variety.
- Moore, Roger (July 28, 2007). "Movie Review: Who's Your Caddy?". Orlando Sentinel.
- Ferraro, Michael (July 29, 2007). "Movie Review: Who's Your Caddy?". Film Threat.
- Cook, Linda (July 29, 2007). ""I don't know how screenwriters could turn out this rip-off of "Caddyshack" and not get sued". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Who's Your Caddy? (2007)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 26, 2009.
- Belloni, Matthew; Rose, Lacey. "The Uncensored Oral History of 'The Hangover'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Warner, Kara. "Surprising Movie Bill Clinton Likes". Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Who's Your Caddy? at the Internet Movie Database
- Who's Your Caddy? at Rotten Tomatoes
- Who's Your Caddy? at AllMovie
- Who's Your Caddy? at Box Office Mojo