|Type of site||Music|
|Alexa rank||28,112 (April 2013[update])|
WhoSampled is a website and database of information about sample-based music, founded in London, England, UK. It is an online sample-based music databases of music that compares original songs with covered songs or songs that "borrowed" samples, it serves as a historical line of where songs have come from and where they’re going. Registered users can submit information about a sample, remix or cover and subject, waiting for moderator's approval that will let the entry to be published on the site.
The visitor of the site gets a comprehensive list of who that artist has sampled and how, and how that artist him/herself has been sampled. The comparison of original song and the song that sampled, covered or remixed it, is done side by side with embedded tracks or videos. All audio and video clips shown on the site are embedded links to content hosted by third party services, such as YouTube or DailyMotion. 
WhoSampled was named one of PC Magazine's Top 100 Web Sites of 2010. On June 19, 2012, WhoSampled launched a mobile version of their database for the Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch through the iTunes App Store. 
 See also
- Khan, Basheera (2009-12-01). "Say it isn’t so – WhoSampled reveals the rip-offs in music". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- "Whosampled.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "WhoSampled - Discover and Discuss Music".
- "WhoSampled review".
- Heater, Brian; Griffith, Eric (2010-08-16). "The Top 100 Web Sites of 2010 - Undiscovered: Fun". PC Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "WIRED.com – iPhone App Scans Your Music Collection, Identifies All the Samples".
- "Whosampled.com – Music Sampling Database".