Who Needs Pictures (song)
|"Who Needs Pictures"|
|Single by Brad Paisley|
|from the album Who Needs Pictures|
|B-side||"It Never Woulda Worked Out Anyway"|
|Released||February 1, 1999|
|Format||CD single, 7" 45 RPM|
|Brad Paisley singles chronology|
"Who Needs Pictures" is the title of a debut song co-written and recorded by American country music singer-songwriter Brad Paisley. It was released in February 1999 as the first single and title track from his album Who Needs Pictures. It reached number 12 on the Hot Country Songs chart. Paisley wrote this song with Frank Rogers and Chris DuBois.
The song's protagonist tells of finding an undeveloped camera, which contains pictures of him and his lover in Cozumel, Mexico, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, enjoying themselves. At first, he considers developing the film in the camera, but then changes his mind, asking himself "Who needs pictures / With a memory like mine".
This was Brad Paisley's first music video, directed by Jim Shea, was filmed in Los Angeles.
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- Glen Duncan - fiddle, mandolin
- James Gregory - bass guitar
- Bernie Herms - piano, B3 organ, strings arrangements
- Wes Hightower - background vocals
- Mike Johnson - steel guitar, Dobro
- Tim Lauer - accordion
- Brad Paisley - lead vocals, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, six string bass
- Frank Rogers - banjo
"Who Needs Pictures" debuted at number 75 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts dated for the week ending February 6, 1999. It spent 31 weeks on the charts and peaked at number 12.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||11|
|US Billboard Hot 100||65|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||12|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||78|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||45|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 313. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Archived pages of Brad Paisley fan questions at the Wayback Machine (archived October 9, 1999)
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 8474." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 6, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Brad Paisley. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Brad Paisley. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.