Whole Lotta Sole
|Whole Lotta Sole|
Whole Lotta Sole film poster
|Directed by||Terry George|
|Produced by||Terry George
|Written by||Terry George
|Music by||Foy Vance|
|Editing by||Nick Emerson|
Media Pro Six
Menlo Park Productions
|Distributed by||Lightning Entertainment Group, Inc|
|Running time||89 minutes|
Whole Lotta Sole (known as Stand Off in North America) is a 2012 independent comedy film written and directed by Terry George and starring Brendan Fraser, David O'Hara, Colm Meaney, Yaya DaCosta and Martin McCann.
Hoping to pay back some of the gambling debt he owes to local mobster Mad Dog Flynn (David O'Hara), Jimbo (Martin McCann) robs the fishmongers, only to discover that it's actually a front for the mobster's business. Now on the run and pursued by police detective Weller (Colm Meaney), Jimbo is cornered in Maguire's the local antique shop where he takes hostage a collection of colourful characters, including Joe Maguire (Brendan Fraser), the owner who may be his illegitimate father, and his girlfriend Sophie (Yaya DaCosta). Caught between the mobster's gang and the police, the unfortunate young Jimbo must find a way out of this tricky situation with help from his hostages.
- Brendan Fraser as Joe Maguire
- David O'Hara as Mad Dog Flynn
- Colm Meaney as Weller
- Yaya DaCosta as Sophie
- Martin McCann as Jimbo
- Conor MacNeill as Sox
- Emma Hamilton as Tracey Maguire
- Michael Legge as Randy
- Jonathan Harden as Pavis
- Marie Jones as Ma Flynn
- Rupert Wickham as Farnsworth
- Amanda Girvan as Police Woman
- Mary McCrossan as Annie
- Amanda Hurwitz as Mary Ellen
- Hugh McLaughlin as Clipper
The film had its world premiere on Saturday April 21, 2012, in the Spotlight Series at the Tribeca Film Festival 2012, had its European premiere on Sunday June 10, 2012, at the Belfast Film Festival, was shown at the Traverse City Film Festival in Michigan in August 2012 and was shown at the Mill Valley, Hamptons International Film Festivals and Austin Film Festival in October 2012. The film has also been picked up for distribution in European, South African and Asian territories. The film, as Stand Off, was shown at the Mostly British Film Festival (January 22, 2013) and was released in US theatres on February 22, 2013.
- "Meaney's got a Whole Lotta Sole". Belfast Telegraph. April 18, 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Whole Lotta Sole". ScreenDaily.com. April 28, 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Whole Lotta Sole". The Film Catalogue. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Cameras roll on Whole Lotta Sole". Generator Entertainment. April 8, 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Whole Lotta Sole". British Council, Film Directory. March 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "'Whole Lotta Sole' Begins Filming in Belfast, "going to love this" says Martin McCann". The Irish Film & Television Network (IFTN). April 8, 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Five Minutes With… 'Saving The Titanic' Actor Conor MacNeill". The Irish Film & Television Network (IFTN). April 5, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Unearthing The Irish in Tribeca". The Irish Examiner. May 1, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Noah and Gracie's Big Variety Night!". ni4kids.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Whole lotta fun". Irish Echo. April 18, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "IFTA members got Whole Lotta Sole". Irish Film & Television Academy (IFTA). Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Oscar Winner’s New Film to Premiere at Tribeca". The Toonari Post. March 31, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- "Tribeca 2012 Film Guide: Whole Lotta Sole". Tribeca Film Festival. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Launch of the 12th Belfast Film Festival". CultureNorthernIreland.org. May 10, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- "Traverse City Film Festival 2012 – Whole Lotta Sole". traversecityfilmfest.org. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- "Whole Lotta Sole". California Film Institute. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Hamptons International Film Festival Turns 20". The East Hampton Star. September 25, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- "Whole Lotta Sole". Austin Film Festival. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Lightning strikes bundle of sales on AFM slate". ScreenDaily.com. October 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "Stand Off – Mostly British Film Festival". MostlyBritish.org. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "Exclusive poster premiere: 'Stand Off'". iamROGUE.com. January 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Whole Lotta Sole|
- Whole Lotta Sole at the Internet Movie Database
- Whole Lotta Sole on Facebook
- Whole Lotta Sole on Twitter
- Getty Images "NY: "Whole Lotta Sole" Premiere – 2012 Tribeca Film Festival".