|Co-Editors||Rochelle Gandour & Vivian Kimball|
|Categories||nature, culture, environment|
|Publisher||Antioch University New England|
Whole Terrain: Journal of Reflective Environmental Practice is an environmentally-themed literary journal that's published approximately once a year by Antioch University New England (ANE). Each volume explores emerging ecological and social issues from the perspectives of practitioners working in the environmental field. The editor position is open to current ANE students as a practicum experience.
Whole Terrain was founded in 1992 by the efforts of Antioch faculty and administration, including Mitchell Thomashow and Eleanor Falcon. The editor of Whole Terrain Volume 1: Environmental Identity and Professional Choices, was current Orion editor, H. Emerson Blake.
Topics from Previous Issues
Net Works (Volume 19 2011/2012)
Boundaries (Volume 18 2010/2011)
Significance of Scale (Volume 17 2009/2010)
((r)e)volution (Volume 16 2008/2009)
Where is Nature? (Volume 15 2007/2008)
Risk (Volume 13 2004/2005)
Resilience (Volume 12 2003/2004)
Gratitude and Greed (Volume 11 2002/2003)
Surplus and Scarcity (Volume 10 2001/2002)
Serious Play (Volume 9 2000/2001)
Legacy and Posterity (Volume 8 1999/2000)
Transience, Permanence and Commitment (Volume 7 1998/1999)
Creative Collaborations (Volume 6 1997/1998)
Research as Real Work (Volume 5 1996/1997)
Exploring Environmental Stereotypes (Volume 4 1995/1996)
Environmental Ethics at Work (Volume 3 1994)
Environmental Identity and Professional Choices (Volume 1 1992)
Whole Terrain only publishes submissions that fit with their current theme, and uses The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th Edition.
Contributors to Whole Terrain include:
|Robin Wall Kimmerer||Terry Tempest Williams|
- Antioch University New England (2007). "Volumes - Whole Terrain". Antioch University New England. Retrieved January 23, 2008.
- Whole Terrain (2008). "Whole Terrain: Resources for Writers". Seedwiki.com. Retrieved January 23, 2008.
- Whole Terrain (1992). "Environmental Identity and Professional Choices". Whole Terrain (Keene, NH: Antioch University New England) 1: front cover. ISSN 1072-2513.
- Antioch University New England (2007). "1992: Environmental Identity and Professional Choices". Antioch University New England. Retrieved January 22, 2008.
- Antioch University New England (2007). "Contributors - Whole Terrain". Antioch University New England. Retrieved January 22, 2008.
- Review of Whole Terrain Volume 3: Environmental Ethics at Work
- SEJ: Environmental Journalism Programs and Courses
Whole Terrain on the Web
Whole Terrain Articles on the Web
- Dance Fever by Michael P. Branch, from Utne, first published in Whole Terrain Volume 9 as More Than Just Watching
- Energetic Americans, from Utne Magazine, published in Whole Terrain Volume 10 as Are We Dreaming?
- Guerrilla Gatherers by Laird Christiansen, from Utne Magazine, first published in Whole Terrain Volume 11 as The Give and Take of Wildcrafting
- Hudson River Immersion by Dr Laird Evans Christiansen, first published in Whole Terrain Volume 13
- Marshfield: A Suburban Fairy Tale by Peggy Duffy, first published in Whole Terrain Volume 10
- Mistaken Impressions of the Natural World by Stephanie Kaza, published in Whole Terrain Volume 4
- Practicing with Greed by Stephanie Kaza, published in Whole Terrain Volume 11