Whoop Dee Doo (variety show)
Whoop Dee Doo is a kid-friendly variety show featuring live performances and active audience participation. The show is based in Kansas City, Missouri and is known for its collaborations with local artists. Whoop Dee Doo also travels and has worked with arts organizations such as the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts in Omaha, Nebraska, Deitch Projects in New York, NY, Loyal Gallery in Malmo, Sweden, the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art In Kansas City, MO and The Smart Museum of Art at the University of Chicago.
Whoop Dee Doo began in 2006 and has taken various forms until the organization began to travel and gained non-profit status as a 501(c)(3) community arts organization. Since 2008, Whoop Dee Doo has gained stability with a consistent staff and hosts of the show, Jaimie Warren and Matt Roche. Whoop Dee Doo has collaborated with approximately 30 local artists and has worked with acts and artists such as Amanda Lepore, Chic-a-go-go, Hunx and His Punx, New York Ukulele Ensemble, Peggy Noland, Cazwell, The Ssion, Tilly and the Wall and Peaches.
- Jennifer Burklow: Families encouraged to 'Whoop' it up at show. Chicago Sunday Times, 10/2/2009/, p.19
- Ascot Smith Swept up from midwestern Banality 4/2/2009, Whoop Dee Doo Resume
- Heartland catalog, Smart Museum of Art, p.156
- Michael Wilson Scene & Herd, Secret Santos Artforum.com
- Ken Miller: Now Publicly Accessible: Jaimie Warren The Interview Magazine 08/20/2010
- Joe Coscarelli Exclusive: New Tilly and the Wall Video, 8/18/2008