Why Wait (song)
|Single by Rascal Flatts|
|from the album Nothing Like This|
|Released||August 2, 2010|
|Producer(s)||Dann Huff, Rascal Flatts|
|Rascal Flatts singles chronology|
"Why Wait" is a song written by Neil Thrasher, Tom Shapiro, and Jimmy Yeary and recorded by American country music band Rascal Flatts. It was released in August 2010 as the first single from their seventh studio album Nothing Like This, released on November 16, 2010. It is also their first single released by Big Machine Records.
The music video, directed by Billy Zabka, was shot in Las Vegas, Nevada, following a story reminiscent of the comedy film The Hangover. David Arquette plays the man in the video who proposes to his girlfriend. Rick Harrison, owner of the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop and star of the History Channel original show Pawn Stars, makes a cameo appearance in the video when the Flatts and Arquette stop at the pawn shop to buy an engagement ring. Also in the video are cameos by Ron White, Carrot Top, Victoria Justice, Wayne Newton, and Penn and Teller.
|American Twang||(Thumbs Up)|
|The 1-to-10 Country Music Review|||
Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song four stars out of five, saying the lyrics "may be 'cheesy' to some, but it fits right where we'd expect a Rascal Flatts song to go." Giving it a "thumbs up," Jim Malec of American Twang thought that it was a return in sound to the band's earlier albums, also praising the "great details and images" of the lyrics as well as Gary LeVox's vocals. Tara Seetharam gave the song a B+ rating, referring to it as "a tasteful, vintage-Flatts track marked by an infectious rush of joy." She positively commented on the production, lyrics, and LeVox's vocals, stating that "the song gets everything right." Ben Foster of "The 1-to-10 Country Music Review" gave it ten stars out of ten, saying, "this is the best that the boys' voices have sounded in years and their signature three-part harmonies are fully intact and sounding great."
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||48|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||60|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||47|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||66|
"If I Die Young"
by The Band Perry
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
December 18 – 25, 2010
"Turn On the Radio"
by Reba McEntire
- Malec, Jim (August 3, 2010). "Song Review: Rascal Flatts — "Why Wait"". American Twang. Retrieved August 13, 2010.
- "Rascal Flatts Sign With Big Machine Records". CMT. July 29, 2010. Retrieved July 29, 2010.
- Bjorke, Matt (July 29, 2010). "Rascal Flatts – "Why Wait"". Roughstock. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Seetharam, Tara (August 13, 2010). "Single Review: Rascal Flatts, "Why Wait"". Country Universe. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- Foster, Ben (August 16, 2010). "Rascal Flatts, "Why Wait"". The 1-to-10 Country Music Review. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Top Country Songs & Charts, Country Music Hits – Billboard.com
- "Rascal Flatts Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Rascal Flatts.
- "Rascal Flatts Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Rascal Flatts.
- "Rascal Flatts Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Rascal Flatts.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.