||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (May 2010)|
|Available in||English (main language), (supports others)|
|Owner||authorGEN Technologies Pvt. Ltd.|
WizIQ is a SaaS-based online education platform, connecting educators and learners for live and self-paced courses. 300,000 active educators and 3.7 million registered learners from more than 100 countries use the company’s platform.
WizIQ was founded with the vision of providing all people with access to quality education. This vision is driven by the idea that online learning can be just as powerful as traditional classroom learning, with unique benefits of its own.
The company is unique in that it allows educators and learners to choose from live online, self-paced and blended courses—offering the industry’s most comprehensive Learning Management System (LMS), Virtual Classroom, and the WizIQ Learning Marketplace, the only global education marketplace to offer live interactive online learning.
WizIQ was founded by Harman Singh who is also the CEO of authorGEN a North Carolina based company (with a development arm in Chandigarh, India) whose flagship product is authorSTREAM.
WizIQ has offices in Gurgaon, Chandigarh and Hyderabad in India, and also in Apex, North Carolina, USA.
WizIQ's Alexa traffic rank for India places it among the top 1700 highest traffic sites, and its global Alexa traffic rank is 7956.
WizIQ has also been featured on TechCrunch, Edsurge, Mashable, The Journal, The New York Times, ZDNet, Yahoo, Business Insider, Learning Solutions Magazine, The New Indian Express, VCCircle, Fast Company, Skilledup, The Edvocate, and other news sites and blogs.
WizIQ uses Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft.Net, SQL Server and Microsoft Windows platform. For real time communication between students and teachers, it uses Flash Media Server (FMS) and Flex at front end. Amazon S3 is used for data storage and wherever heavy computation power is needed, Amazon EC2 service is used. To optimize the live classroom experience, servers are placed at multiple locations across the world.
WizIQ uses advanced network security features, including SSL, https, RMPTE, tokenized access and expiring URLs to protect ensure users data safety.
The WizIQ Learning Management System is a cloud-based platform that provides numerous benefits like lower startup cost, enhanced data security, easier accessibility, faster deployment, easier maintenance, higher scalability and more.
1. Learning Management System
WizIQ’s Learning Management System is an all-in-one cloud-based solution that enables educators to create and conduct both self-paced and live online courses without the need for any third-party plug-ins. Educators can add educational material as part of course content in the form of documents, spreadsheets, videos, audio files and other file types.
With WizIQ LMS, educators can create courses, schedule live classes, conduct live video streaming, store and share content files via content library, conduct online tests and assessments, share assignments, conduct online discussions with students using the ‘CourseFeed’ feature and also notify students about upcoming classes and course content.
2. Built in video streaming for HD quality videos
WizIQ’s built in video streaming enables educators to upload and share videos with students all over the globe. These videos can be viewed in HD and can also be stored online for future use. WizIQ provides uninterrupted video playback via multi-bitrate streaming and expiring URLs for private protection. Video streaming is encrypted to secure files and teachers can control video sharing access and permissions.
3. Digital Library
WizIQ’s Digital Library enables educators to store and share files of almost any format with their students. All content files can be managed and organized on the cloud. Teachers can control content access and downloads. Content files can be viewed online and offline.
4. Online Tests
WizIQ’s advanced online test capability enables educators to build online test and customize them based on the requirement. Tests can be stand-alone, or part of an online course on WizIQ.
5. Virtual Classroom
WizIQ Virtual Classroom provides all the features needed to simulate face-to-face classroom experience like real-time audiovisual communication, text chat, breakout rooms, interactive whiteboards, screen sharing, online tests, attendance report and notifications, polling, and more.
6. Learning Marketplace
WizIQ Learning Marketplace is the only global online education marketplace that offers live, instructor-led courses. Educators can list their courses in the learning marketplace for a minimal service fee and receive payments from students through WizIQ’s payment gateway.
7. Integrations and Plugins
WizIQ Virtual Classroom can be integrated with all Learning Management Systems like Moodle, Blackboard Learn™, INSTRUCTURE canvas, Sakai, Joomla without any coding effort or with any website through WizIQ APIs.
- Wiziq.com site info. Alexa website. Retrieved November 19, 2014
- Dian Schaffhauser. WizIQ Rolls Out New Cloud LMS. Campus Technology. October 27, 2014
- Dian Schaffhauser. WizIQ Rolls Out New Cloud LMS. The Journal. October 27, 2014
- Sanghamitra Mandal. From IITs To Universities Abroad, This Virtual Classroom Is Going Places. Business Insider. November 6, 2013
- WizIQ to Offer Live Instructor-led Online Learning. Learning Solutions Magazine. May 22, 2014
- Rohit Koshy. The Wizard of IQ. The New Indian Express. July 21, 2014
- Natasha Lomas. Online Education Platform WizIQ Raises $4M Series B To Bolster User-Base, Led By Indian Private Equity Fund Kaizen. TechCrunch. January 24, 2013
- WizIQ Nabs $4M Series B. Edsurge. January 24, 2013
- Zoe Fox. 9 Dependable Destinations for Online Tutoring. Mashable. August 20, 2013
- Trip Gabriel. Learning in Dorm, Because Class Is on the Web. The New York Times. November 4, 2010
- Christopher Dawson. Update on WizIQ/virtual classrooms. ZDNet. November 16, 2010
- Chris Horton. 8 Online Resources to Sharpen Your Marketing Technology Chops. Yahoo. May 19, 2014
- Sainul Abudheen. WizIQ launches online learning marketplace, to offer live instructor-led learning. VCCircle. May 20, 2014
- Laura Vanderkam. Can People Really Learn At Their Own Pace?. Fast Company. August 22, 2014
- Judy Quinn. The Soaring Growth In The Global E-Learning Market. Skilledup. September 22, 2014
- Matthew Lynch. Whats Wrong With Moocs And Why Aren’t They Working. The Edvocate. October 6, 2014
- Dimitris Kaplanis. 8 Top Benefits of Using a Cloud Based LMS. eLearning Industry. April 7, 2014
- Sanghamitra Mandal. Edutech Firm WizIQ Launches iPad & Android Apps For Teachers. Business Insider. December 14, 2013
- The WizIQ Desktop App- For Live and Recorded Classes. WizIQ Teach Blog. August 1, 2013