||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2010)|
|Stable release||Wialon 1006 / July 2010|
|Operating system||GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||Russian, English, Ukrainian, العربية, български, italiano, español, suomi, polska, македонски, eλλάδα, deutsch, 中文, português|
|Type||GPS tracking software|
Wialon is a web-based GPS tracking software platform with some fleet management features, developed by a Belarusian company Gurtam. Wialon is available for both Linux and Windows operating systems. Wialon is notable because of its compatibility with different GLONASS and GPS tracking units, counting 131 in the beginning of July 2010.
Wialon was introduced internationally in 2010 at CeBIT computer expo. Before that Wialon GPS tracking software was mainly used in Post-Soviet states. According to Gurtam website, there are about 200 GPS tracking services worldwide who have already implemented Wialon GPS tracking platform.
Wialon data center
Wialon data center consists of several servers located at SIG Telehousing in the North of the Netherlands. Software as a service versions, Wialon Hosting and Wialon Corporate, are installed there. At the end of June 2010 Wialon data center have reached the number of 10 000 registered tracking devices. Wialon data center processes 80 to 200 GPS messages per second.
Gurtam started developing Wialon in 2002.
- "GPS Tracking System: GPS Fleet Management, Vehicle GPS Tracking System". Gurtam. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "GPS Tracking Devices: GPS Trackers, AVL and Software for Smartphones". Wialon.com. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "Gurtam has participated in CeBIT 2010". ITOnews.eu. 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "Partners - GPS Tracking System, Satellite Tracking Software". Gurtam.com. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "10000 объектов мониторинга в серверном центре Wialon | Корпоративный Блог Gurtam: GPS мониторинг транспорта, Wialon". Gurtam.com. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "GPS Tracking Software Developer - Fleet management, Vehicle GPS Tracking Software Wialon". Gurtam.com. Retrieved 2011-12-17.