Logo of Wicked Weasel (Pty. Ltd.)
|Founded||Byron Bay, Australia
|Founders||Peter T. Gifford|
|Headquarters||Byron Bay, Australia|
|Number of locations||2
|Key people||Peter T. Gifford
Damian F. Street
(Corporate & Financial)
|Products||Accessories, Bikinis, Lingerie, Swimwear and Underwear|
Wicked Weasel (Pty. Ltd.) is an Australian manufacturer of "risque" swimwear and lingerie for women. It is especially known for its microkinis. The company was founded in 1994 by Peter Gifford, formerly the bass player for Midnight Oil, and named after his girlfriend's nickname. Initially, the company's products were trial-marketed to Melbourne area strippers.
The first Wicked Weasel retail store was opened in Cairns in 1995, but it moved to Byron Bay the following year, where the company headquarters has remained since. Additional stores at Bondi and in Melbourne were unsuccessful, and were closed in 1998. Wicked Weasel launched www.wickedweasel.com in mid-1999, the first Australian swimwear maker to do so. By 2003, it was the largest Australian retailer of clothing via the internet. As of 2007, the website receives over 100,000 unique visitors per day. Wicked Weasel has 45-50 employees as of 2011.
Wicked Weasel also publishes online pictures of women who wear their products as part of a contest.
- McCullagh, Declan. "Police blotter: Fired over 'Wicked Weasel' photo". cnet.com. CNET News. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "about wicked weasel". wickedweasel.com. Wicked Weasel (Pty. Ltd.). Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Huntington, Patty. "The Wicked Oil: Victoria’s new extreme bikini secret". news.com.au. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "In ways of web, those who bare, win.". highbeam.com. The Australian. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- McDougall, Bruce. "Midnight Oil bassist Peter Gifford pouring Oil on troubled Labor". dailytelegraph.com.au. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bikini.|
- Official Website
- Wicked Weasel on Facebook
- Wicked Weasel on Twitter
- Official Wicked Weasel Online Community
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|