Wicked Witch Software
|Type||Video game developer|
|Key people||Managing Director
Chief Financial Officer
Wicked Witch is a video games developer founded in 2001 by managing director Daniel Visser. Originally operating out of Visser's residence working on Game Boy titles, Wicked Witch moved to a small office. Wicked Witch has grown to be one of Australia's well known studios and is currently located in offices in Eastern Melbourne, Australia. The company has worked with many local and international developers and publishers. The senior staff is composed of industry veterans, some who previously worked at Melbourne House and Torus Games. Wicked Witch has released around 50 titles on PC, handheld and mobile platforms and worked on dozens of other projects across most major consoles including Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and Wii. Wicked Witch also owns a range of original products and game designs on many platforms, including one of the first MMORPG on the Java ME mobile platform.
Recently, Wicked Witch has been developing 3D titles for PC, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo Wii, iOS and PlayStation Portable. After the release of their port of the Space Chimps game for PC Wicked Witch released their first 2 Nintendo DS titles. NRL's Mascot Mania and AFL's Mascot Manor are action adventure games based on the Mascots of each sports league, aimed at younger fans of the sports. After the Mascot titles, Wicked Witch developed and released, in partnership with Sony, AFL Challenge and Rugby League Challenge for PlayStation Portable.
In 2009, Wicked Witch had over 20 staff members. In an article from 2011 though, they are said to only have 12 full-time staff members indicating they have reduced in size and work with contractors on larger projects. Their most recently released title is AFL on the Nintendo Wii, also produced with the publisher Tru Blu Entertainment, which according to Wicked Witch is a more complete game then previous AFL titles. Wicked Witch is now working on a Rugby Union iPhone game, funded in part by Film Victoria.
- AFL Challenge (Tru Blu Entertainment) (10 September 2009)
- Rugby League Challenge (Tru Blu Entertainment) (10 September 2009)
- AFL Mascot Manor (Tru Blu Entertainment) (July 2009)
- NRL Mascot Mania (Tru Blu Entertainment) (July 2009)
- Space Chimps (Brash Entertainment) (2008)
- Coffee House Chaos (THQ)
- Ultimate Solitaire 750 (THQ)
- Ultimate Puzzles 1001 (THQ)
- Ned Kelly
- MaryKate & Ashley – Crush Course
- Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (THQ) (2001)
- Roswell Conspiracies: Aliens, Myths and Legends (2001)
- Catapult King (2012)
- World Cup 2010 (2009)
- Office Chair Deathrace (2007)
- IBM World Tennis (2007)
- Alter Casus (2007)
- Connect (2007)
- Tellurian (2007)
- Turbo Tennis (2007)
- Karma of Monster (2007)
- AFL Arcade (2006)
- AFL GoalKick (2006)
- AFL Handball (2006)
- NRL Arcade (2006)
- NRL Field Goal (2006)
- NRL SuperPass (2006)
- Wicked Racing (2006)
- Cricket Trivia (2006)
- Ultimate Fielder (2006)
- Super Batsman (2006)
- Extreme Ball Control (2006)
- War Monster: Online (2005)
- Allied Assault (2005)
- Mobile Rally 2 (2005)
- Space Marines 2 (2005)
- Bomb Jack (2005)
- Paperboy (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Hurdles (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Hockey (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Swimming (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Cycling (2005)
- Bejeweled (2005)
- Alien vs. Predator (2004)
- Sachin Tendulkar's Duck the Bouncer (2004)
- Sachin Tendulkar's Tap-O-Thon (2004)
- Sachin Tendulkar's Fielding Challenge (2004)
- Dolphins Swimming (2004)
- Log Rollin' (2004)
- Compass (2004)
- Sim Town Online (2004)
- Wicked Hockey (2004)
- Wicked Football (2004)
- Wicked Footy (2004)
- Space Marines (2004)
- Chuckie Egg (2004)
- Ikari Warriors (2004)
- Face Messenger (2004)
- Simply English (2004)
- Tank Assault (2003)
- Mobile Rally (2003)
- Melody Mars: DJ Battles (2003)
- WarMonster (2003)
- Ryan Giggs Soccer (2003)
- Jumbuck Hockey (2003)
- MTV: The Gimps (2003)
- Qibla (2003)
- Gothic Graveyard (2002)
- PlayStation Australia February 2010. Sony. 2009. p. 96.
- "Game On as team goes to next level".
- "Official Wicked Witch site". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Gamespot interviews Daniel Visser". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Official Big Footy Thread". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
-  Official AFL Wii Facebook page
- "EB Games product page AFL". Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- "EB Games product page NRL". Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- "IGN announces AFL & NRL challenge". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Official Mascot Manor site". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Official Mascot Mania site". Retrieved 2011-03-03.