Wicked Witch Software
|Video game developer|
Chief Financial Officer
Number of employees
Wicked Witch is a video games developer founded in 2001 by managing director Daniel Visser. Originally operating out of Visser's residence working on Game Boy titles, Wicked Witch moved to a small office. Wicked Witch has grown to be one of Australia's well known studios and is currently located in offices in Eastern Melbourne, Australia. The company has worked with many local and international developers and publishers. The senior staff is composed of industry veterans, some who previously worked at Melbourne House and Torus Games. Wicked Witch has released around 50 titles on PC, handheld and mobile platforms and worked on dozens of other projects across most major consoles including Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and Wii. Wicked Witch also owns a range of original products and game designs on many platforms, including one of the first MMORPG on the Java ME mobile platform.
Recently, Wicked Witch has been developing 3D titles for PC, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo Wii, iOS, Android, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, LG Smart TV and more. After the release of their port of the Space Chimps game for PC Wicked Witch released their first 2 Nintendo DS titles. NRL's Mascot Mania and AFL's Mascot Manor are action adventure games based on the Mascots of each sports league, aimed at younger fans of the sports. After the Mascot titles, Wicked Witch developed and released, in partnership with Sony, AFL Challenge and Rugby League Challenge for PlayStation Portable.
One of Wicked Witch’s most successful titles for iOS and Android is Catapult King which was released in June 2012 in partnership with Chillingo and has currently has over 20 million downloads. An update for the game is waiting to be released within the coming months.
In 2014, Wicked Witch in a joint venture with Mattel developed and released Whac-a-Mole based on the classic arcade hit. In Recently Wicked Witch released AFL Live 2 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and rugby titles Rugby League Live 2 Gold NRL and Jonah Lomu Rugby Gold Rugby Union for iOS and Android.
Currently Wicked Witch Software have expanded their staff in order to take on a number of new projects and have over 50 staff and some interns.
- AFL Challenge (Tru Blu Entertainment) (10 September 2009)
- Rugby League Challenge (Tru Blu Entertainment) (10 September 2009)
- AFL Mascot Manor (Tru Blu Entertainment) (July 2009)
- NRL Mascot Mania (Tru Blu Entertainment) (July 2009)
- Space Chimps (Brash Entertainment) (2008)
- Coffee House Chaos (THQ)
- Ultimate Solitaire 750 (THQ)
- Ultimate Puzzles 1001 (THQ)
- Ned Kelly
- MaryKate & Ashley – Crush Course
- Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (THQ) (2001)
- Roswell Conspiracies: Aliens, Myths and Legends (2001)
- Whac-a-Mole (2014)
- Catapult King (2012 with updates in ‘12 & ‘14)
- World Cup 2010 (2009)
- Office Chair Deathrace (2007)
- IBM World Tennis (2007)
- Alter Casus (2007)
- Connect (2007)
- Tellurian (2007)
- Turbo Tennis (2007)
- Karma of Monster (2007)
- AFL Arcade (2006)
- AFL GoalKick (2006)
- AFL Handball (2006)
- NRL Arcade (2006)
- NRL Field Goal (2006)
- NRL SuperPass (2006)
- Wicked Racing (2006)
- Cricket Trivia (2006)
- Ultimate Fielder (2006)
- Super Batsman (2006)
- Extreme Ball Control (2006)
- War Monster: Online (2005)
- Allied Assault (2005)
- Mobile Rally 2 (2005)
- Space Marines 2 (2005)
- Bomb Jack (2005)
- Paperboy (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Hurdles (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Hockey (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Swimming (2005)
- Commonwealth Games: Cycling (2005)
- Bejeweled (2005)
- Alien vs. Predator (2004)
- Sachin Tendulkar's Duck the Bouncer (2004)
- Sachin Tendulkar's Tap-O-Thon (2004)
- Sachin Tendulkar's Fielding Challenge (2004)
- Dolphins Swimming (2004)
- Log Rollin' (2004)
- Compass (2004)
- Sim Town Online (2004)
- Wicked Hockey (2004)
- Wicked Football (2004)
- Wicked Footy (2004)
- Space Marines (2004)
- Chuckie Egg (2004)
- Ikari Warriors (2004)
- Face Messenger (2004)
- Simply English (2004)
- Tank Assault (2003)
- Mobile Rally (2003)
- Melody Mars: DJ Battles (2003)
- WarMonster (2003)
- Ryan Giggs Soccer (2003)
- Jumbuck Hockey (2003)
- MTV: The Gimps (2003)
- Qibla (2003)
- Gothic Graveyard (2002)
- PlayStation Australia February 2010. Sony. 2009. p. 96.
- "Official Wicked Witch site". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Oz Developer Watch: Wicked Witch Software". Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- "Big Footy Forums". Retrieved 2011-01-25.
-  Official AFL Wii Facebook page
- "EB Games product page AFL". Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- "EB Games product page NRL". Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- "IGN announces AFL & NRL challenge". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Official Mascot Manor site". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Official Mascot Mania site". Retrieved 2011-03-03.