Widow maker (disambiguation)
|Look up widowmaker in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Widow maker or widowmaker is a somewhat facetious term used for something that is considered to present a lethal hazard to, predominantly, men, and thus, by taking their lives, may make their wives become widows.
It may specifically refer to:
Vehicles and weaponry
Vehicles, particularly military aircraft, which have a reputation for high rates of fatal accidents, are sometimes nicknamed Widow maker:
- B-26 Marauder, medium bomber
- F-104 Starfighter, interceptor aircraft
- McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II, V/STOL ground-attack aircraft
- Suzuki TL1000S, Suzuki TL 1000 motorbike
- Armalite AR-18, assault rifle
- Kawasaki H1 Mach III, a powerful 500cc motorbike first produced in 1969
Titled expressive works
- K-19: The Widowmaker, fact-inspired submarine film
- A science-fiction novel by Mike Resnick
- The Widowmaker, a 1990 TV drama directed by John Madden
- Widowmaker (Marvel Comics), a four issue comic book published by Marvel Comics
- Widow Maker, the title track of a 1964 album by bluegrass musician Jimmy Martin
- Widowmaker (UK), a British hard rock band
- Widowmaker (album), their 1976 debut album
- Widowmaker, an American band featuring Dee Snider of Twisted Sister
- Widowmaker, a 2012 album by British extreme metal band Dragged into sunlight
- "The Widow Maker", a song by Robert Calvert, from his 1974 album Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters
- "Widowmaker", a song by heavy metal band Pantera, from their 1983 album Metal Magic
- "Widowmaker", a song by heavy metal band W.A.S.P., from their 1985 album The Last Command
- Widow-Maker, Pecos Bill's horse in American folklore
- Widowmaker (Image Comics), an assassin from the comic book series Noble Causes
- Widowmaker, a particularly feared and dangerous strain of the Chimera, encountered as one of their military units in the video game Resistance: Fall of Man and later in Resistance 3 as one of several strains that have since become feral.
- The Widowmaker, Colony Wars:Vengeance, a League ace boss
- Widow maker, a highly stenotic left main coronary artery or proximal left anterior descending coronary artery of the heart, which may lead suddenly and with little warning to a fatal heart attack
- Widowmaker (forestry), any loose overhead debris such as limbs or tree tops that may fall at any time
- Widowmaker Cave, fictional cave in the Northern Exposure television series season 3 episode "The Final Frontier", where Holling Vincoeur goes to find Jesse the bear
- Widowmaker hill climb a motorcycle/snowmobile sporting event held semi-annually in Croydon, Utah
- Delamar, Nevada, former town
- Slang for cape buffalo
- Slang for high-repetition squats (20 repetitions, usually done with a weight that is already challenging at 10 repetitions)
- A common nickname for the Bowsprit, the most dangerous part of a sailing ship, particular in rough weather.
- The Widowmaker, one time ring name for wrestler Barry Windham, during a short stint in the World Wrestling Federation, 1989–90
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.