|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (October 2011)|
|Built||between 1953 and 1958|
|Expanded||1974 with a public swimming pool|
Wiener Stadthalle is an indoor arena, located in the 15th district of Vienna, Austria. It was designed by Austrian architect Roland Rainer and built from 1953–1958. The arena has an overall seating capacity of approximately 16,000 people.
The arena comprises 6 halls: A and B (gymnasiums), C (ice arena), D (main hall, mostly for concerts e.g. Metallica ), E (for smaller events e.g. Die Stehaufmandln ) & F (for more intimate concerts e.g. Women's World Award). In 1974, the additional Stadthallenbad, a public swimming pool, was built.
Many famous shows and artists played at the Wiener Stadthalle, spanning many different genres of music.
- Alice Cooper stopped at the Wiener Stadthalle on September 7, 1975 during his Welcome to My Nightmare Tour.
- Led Zeppelin played there on June 26, 1980 during their Tour Over Europe 1980.
- Four times the Wiener Stadthalle was the venue for the German show Wetten dass..?: May 16, 1981, March 22, 1997, December 7, 2002, March 23, 2013.
- Whitney Houston performed four times at the Wiener Stadthalle. Once on June 16, 1988 as part of her Moment of Truth World Tour, second time on October 22 and 23, 1999 during her My Love Is Your Love World Tour and last time on May 19, 2010 while toruing Europe with her Nothing But Love World Tour.
- Janet Jackson stopped at the Wiener Stadthalle on May 3, 1998 during her Velvet Rope Tour. Another concert as part of her All For You Tour was already on sale, but then cancelled due to the September 11 attacks.
- The Spice Girls played two sold out shows as part of their Spiceworld Tour on May, 15 and May 16, 1998.
- Robbie Williams performed one sold out show during his The Sermon on the Mount Tour on March 13, 2001.
- Mariah Carey performed one show at Wiener Stadthalle during her Charmbracelet World Tour on October 19, 2003.
- Marilyn Manson has played three concerts at the Wiener Stadthalle, first time on December 12, 2003 as part of his Grotesk Burlesk Tour, second time on November 26, 2007 as part of the Rape of the World Tour and third time on December 8, 2012 together with Rob Zombie as part of the Twins of Evil Tour.
- Britney Spears performed at the Wiener Stadthalle during her Onyx Hotel Tour on May 22, 2004.
- Cher performed on June 1, 2004 during her marathon Living Proof: The Farewell Tour.
- Ennio Morricone with orchestra, December 12, 2007 
- Maroon 5 were planned to play one concert at the Wiener Stadthalle on December 14, 2007 during their It Won't Be Soon Before Long Tour, but the show has been cancelled, due to a scheduling conflict.
- Celine Dion played for the first time in Austria at the Wiener Stadthalle on July 1, 2008 during her Taking Chances World Tour.
- Sezen Aksu performed one show on November 29, 2008.
- Prince stopped two times at the Wiener Stadthalle, first on May 29, and May 30, 1987 during the Sign o' the Times Tour and second time on July 13, 2010 as part of his Prince 20Ten Tour.
- Sting performed during his Symphonicities Tour on November 5, 2010, along with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Pitbull performed one show on July 4, 2012 as part of his Planet Pit World Tour.
- Lady Gaga played a sold out show on November 11, 2010 during The Monster Ball Tour, as well as a sold out show on August 18, 2012 during The Born This Way Ball Tour
- Muse performed one show on November 19, 2013 as part of their The 2nd Law World Tour
- Justin Bieber played a sold out concert at the Wiener Stadthalle on March 30, 2013 as part of his Believe Tour.
- Rihanna performed her first show in Vienna on July 9, 2013 as part of her Diamonds World Tour.
- Stefanie Werger are scheduled to play one concert on November 28, 2013.
- Depeche Mode are scheduled to perform one show on February 08, 2014 as part of their 'Delta Machine' summer tour.
- Placebo are scheduled to perform one show on November 21, 2013 as part of their Loud Like Love promotional tour.
- Justin Timberlake are scheduled to perform one show on June 04, 2014 as part of their The 20/20 Experience World Tour.
- Pearl Jam are scheduled to perform one show on June 25, 2014 as part of their European tour.
|European Indoor Championships in Athletics
|European Men's Handball Championship
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wiener Stadthalle.|