Wigan and Leigh College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|Location||Wigan and Leigh
Wigan and Leigh College is a state General Further and Higher Education College based at six locations in the towns of Wigan and Leigh in Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom. Currently there are over 1,000 staff members employed, and more than 17,000 students enrolled in full-time or part-time courses. The college's programmes of study include: General Certificate of Education (GCSEs), BTEC First Diplomas, Advanced Level (UK), National Diplomas, Higher National Diplomas and First Degrees.
Wigan and Leigh College was formed in April 1992 through the merger of Wigan College of Technology (formerly Wigan Mining and Technical College) and Leigh College.
- Image Centre -
- Sixth Form Centre -
- Railway Road -
- Pagefield Campus -
- Parsons Walk -
- Wigan School for the Arts (WSA) -
Presence in India
Wigan and Leigh College in India has more than 20 campuses and offers courses in business management, graphic designing, fashion technology and media. In India the college has a campus in New Delhi in Sainik Farms, Khanpur.
- Libya: HNC/D and short courses for oil companies, through Um Al Jawabi, the training arm of the National Oil Corporation.
- India: Wigan and Leigh College, India
- Cyprus: Cypoly School of Arts & Design Technology, Larnaca.
- Greece: Arsitotelio College International, Athens - Dimitelli Group, Thessaloniki
- Malaysia: Asian Tourism Institute - Kota Kinabulu, Sabah, Borneo
- Myanmar: Nayla Institute - Yangon
- Oman: Royal Guard College of Technology
- Pakistan: Manchester Institute of Advanced Study (MIAS)
- Singapore: PA-LIN Art School
- Sri Lanka: Dana International Education Service - Colombo; London Business School.
Logistics College North West
Funded by NWDA (North West Regional Development Agency) and the Learning and Skills Council the Logistics College North West is a collaboration between the Transport and General Workers' Union and five Colleges. The college works with employers to deliver training packages. The College, along with partner Colleges, (Hopwood Hall College, Bolton, Oldham & Salford College), has been acknowledged as a Centre of Vocational Excellence (CoVE) for Construction Regeneration.
- Veba Oil Operations, Azzawiya Oil Refining Company; STC; WAHA; AGIP Oil Company; SIRTE; RASCO; AGOCO; PRC; ZUETINA