Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas|
|Studio album by The Wiggles|
|Released||September 6, 1996|
|The Wiggles chronology|
All songs written and composed by (or trad arr. by) M. Cook, J. Fatt, A. Field, G. Page, except spoken and listed below.
|1.||"Have a Very Merry Christmas"||J. Field||0:31|
|2.||"Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas"||M. Cook, J. Fatt, A. Field, G. Page, P. Paddick||2:14|
|3.||"With a Shiny Red Nose" (spoken)||0:07|
|4.||"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"||Marks||1:56|
|5.||"If You See Santa" (spoken)||0:11|
|6.||"Go Santa Go"||J. Field||1:49|
|7.||"Ding Dong Merrily on High"||1:29|
|10.||"Unto Us, This Holy Night"||J. Field||2:04|
|11.||"Feliz Navidad"||J. Feliciano||2:20|
|12.||"Peace and Joy to Everyone" (spoken)||0:05|
|15.||"Let's Clap Hands for Santa Claus"||1:32|
|16.||"Breebop Poem[note 1]" (spoken)||0:08|
|17.||"Henry's Christmas Dance[note 2]"||1:36|
|18.||"Jeff's Christmas Tune"||1:59|
|19.||"Pirate Food Poem" (spoken)||0:11|
|20.||"It's a Christmas Party on the Goodship Feathersword"||1:56|
|21.||"Away in a Manger"||1:03|
|22.||"Wags Ate the Rags" (spoken)||0:07|
|23.||"Wags Is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree"||1:27|
|26.||"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"||0:26|
- Vocals - Greg Page
- Backing Vocals - The Wiggles, Paul Paddick
- Trumpet, Piccolo Trumpet and Flugelhorn - Dom Lindsay
- Cello - Margaret Lindsay
- Viola - Angela Lindsay
- Violin - Maria Schattovits
- Drums - Tony Henry, Peter Iacono
- Guitars - Terry Murray, Rex Kellehr, Murray Cook, Anthony Field and Greg Page
- Bass - Murray Cook
- Organs, Piano, Accordion - Jeff Fatt
|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas|
Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas 1997 cover
|Directed by||Dean Covell|
|Produced by||Dean Covell|
|Distributed by||Roadshow/ABC Video (#100767)|
|Release dates||Fall 1997|
|Running time||40 minutes|
The album was also made into a video with the same title. It was originally released in the fall season of 1997 in the Australia region. It was later edited and re-released in 1999 to account for changes made in the TV series and the addition of a "Wiggly Christmas Medley".
- Have a Very Merry Christmas
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (original 1997 version only)
- Here Comes Santa Claus[note 3]
- Go Santa Go
- Ding Dong Merrily On High
- Christmas Star
- Unto Us This Holy Night
- Feliz Navidad
- Jingle Bells
- Christmas Picnic
- Let's Clap Hands for Santa Claus
- Henry's Christmas Dance
- Jeff's Christmas Tune
- It's a Christmas Party on the Goodship Feathersword
- Away in a Manger
- Wags Is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree
- Silent Night
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
As with The Wiggles Movie, the costumes for The Wiggles and friends were updated.[specify] It is the first video besides the movie where The Wiggles have logos on their shirts. Producer Dean Covell added "3D animation" to the videos.
In an August 1997 article by The Sun-Herald, The Wiggles planned to release the Christmas video in November, and was going to tour New South Wales and Victoria. The Powerhouse Museum listed the video as being released in September 1997.
A Powerhouse Museum exhibit showed a poster with a release date for Wiggly Wiggly Christmas on ABC Video for October 13.
The front cover uses a picture of the Wiggles and their friends posing around the Christmas tree from their companion album.
The cast as presented on the videos:
- The Wiggles are
- Additional Cast
- Captain Feathersword: Paul Paddick
- Dorothy the Dinosaur: Leeanne Ashley
- Dorothy's Voice: Carolyn Ferrie
- Henry the Octopus: Charmaine Martin
- Wags the Dog: Edward Rooke
- Santa: Jonathon Mill
- Mexican Puppets by Balooga Puppets
- Iggy: Graeme Haddon
- Ziggy and Frank: Edward Rooke
- Feliz Navidad Dancers: Larissa Wright, Reem Hanwell, Elyssa Dawson, Kristen Knox, Rhiannah Kitching, Shannon Smith
- Mary: Clare Field
- Joseph: Joseph Field
- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer: Cassandra Halloran
- Reindeer: Jessica Halloran, Sian Ryan, Sofia Silvestrini
- Elves: Clare Field, Joseph Field, Emma Ryan, Natasha Petracic, Ashleigh Johns, Alicia Bryant, Laura Tilt, Anthony Silvestrini, Leonardo Silvestrini
- Shepherds: Jessica Halloran, Sian Ryan, Emma Ryan
- Wise Men: Cassandra Halloran, Sofia Silvestrini, Anthony Silvestrini
- Donkey: Laura Tilt
- Cow: Alicia Bryant
- Sheep: Natasha Petracic, Ashleigh Johns
- Drummer Boy: Leonardo Silvestrini
- Little Girls: Georgia Cook, Ceili Moore
|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (re-release)|
Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (re-release) 1999 cover
|Distributed by||Roadshow/ABC Video (#102341)|
|Running time||43 minutes|
The video was re-released in 1999 with the removal of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the addition of a live bonus track called "Wiggly Christmas Medley" used from The Wiggly Big Show. Some minor typos such as "Felice Navidad" were corrected, along with some cleanup on the title bars and closing credits.
A listing of release dates for the 1999 edition. The US DVD features a photo gallery.
- Region 4 (Australia): 1999 (Roadshow/ABC Video #102341)
- Region 2 (United Kingdom): November 1, 1999 (Walt Disney Home Video, EAN 5017186111975)
- Region 1 (North America): October 24, 2000 (Lyons/HIT Entertainment #2505)
- Region 1 (North America): September 30, 2003 (Lyons/HIT Entertainment #24031)
- Region 2 (United Kingdom): November 21, 2005 (Lyons/HIT Ent. HIT41802 2-pack with Yule Be Wiggling)
- Region 4 (Australia): October 9, 2006 (Roadshow #102341-9)
- According to Henry the Octopus voiced by Anthony, "Breebop" means "Hello" and "Yoop" means "Goodbye".
- Another rendition of this song was sung on their first concert video Wiggledance! titled as "Let's Have a Dance with Henry".
- The rendition of "Here Comes Santa Claus" by The Wiggles can be found on the Australian compilation album, The Spirit of Christmas 1998.
- "photo of Wiggles video exhibit". Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Sarno, Tony (October 17, 1997). "Wiggles Get In On The Act". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Williams, Sue (9 August 1997). "World Wakes Up To The Wiggles". The Sun-Herald. Retrieved 23 July 2012. "As well as gearing up for the movie's launch and the release of another Christmas video in November, A Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas, the group is touring NSW and Victoria country areas, although often these days in far bigger venue"
- "Powerhouse Museum - The Wiggles Videography". Powerhouse Museum. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "2006, English, Video edition: Wiggly, wiggly Christmas (videorecording)". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Buy Wiggles, The - Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (Handle Case) on DVD-Video from". EzyDVD.com.au. Retrieved 2013-12-05.