Wii U Pro Controller
Wii U Pro Controller
|Type||Video game controller|
|Retail availability||November 18, 2012|
|Power||1300 mAh, Mini USB B connector(recharge)|
|Predecessor||Wii Remote (Plus) and Classic Controller (Pro)|
Nintendo unveiled the Wii U Pro Controller at E3 2012 with the aim of attracting more "hardcore" gamers to make the Wii U more competitive with Sony's and Microsoft's offerings. Many video game journalists have noted the similarity between the controller and Microsoft's Xbox 360 Controller.
The controller functions as a secondary controller released for the console, available separately. The Wii U system can be connected to up to four Wii U Pro Controllers at one time. Like more traditional controllers, it features standard analog sticks and face buttons. Like the Wii U GamePad and Classic Controller Pro and unlike other eighth generation controllers (i.e., the DualShock 4 and the Xbox One Controller), the triggers are digital (i.e., not analog).
Nintendo claims that the design of the Pro Controller is an “enhanced version” of the Classic Controller and "offers a richer experience". Certain games with flexible control schemes, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Trine 2: Director's Cut, are also compatible with the Classic Controller. The Wii U Pro Controller is not compatible with previous-generation Wii games.
- Franich, Darren (June 3, 2012). "The Wii U Pro Controller looks very familiar...". EW.com. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Kain, Erik (June 5, 2012). "Nintendo's Smart Decision With Its Wii U Pro Controller". Forbes. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Grubb, Jeffrey (June 3, 2012). "Nintendo’s Wii U Pro Controller may make Microsoft blush". VentureBeat. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- How to Sync a Wii Remote with a Wii U Console
- "Wii U Pro Controller and 3DS share the same battery". gonintendo.com. November 9, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- "We Opened Up The Nintendo 2DS And Found A 1300mAh Battery Inside". nintendolife.com. October 3, 2013. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- "Wii U Pro Controller Boasts 80-Hour Battery Life - IGN". Uk.ign.com. October 16, 2012. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- Liebl, Matt (June 12, 2012). "Nintendo defends Wii U Pro Controller design". GameZone. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Wii U Pro Controller Not Compatible With Wii Games". Tomshardware.com. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
|This Nintendo-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|