Wikipedia:WikiProject Australian Roads
|WikiProject Australian Roads||
|A WikiProject at the intersection of WikiProject Highways and WikiProject Australia|
|WikiProject Australian Roads|
Welcome to WikiProject Australian Roads (WP:AURD)Several Wikipedians have formed this collaboration resource and group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of roads in Australia, and the organization of information and articles on this topic. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions and various resources; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians interested in the topic. If you would like to help, please join the project, inquire on the talk page and see the to-do list below.
First and foremost, just start editing – help us improve our articles! Here are some specific tasks you can do:
- Add an infobox – 55 article(s) • Random article (documentation • usage guidelines • blank code)
- Expand a stub – 268 article(s) • Random article (assessment criteria • sources • don't use roadgeek websites!)
- Add a road junction list – 518 article(s) • Random article talk page (RJL templates • WP:AURD guidelines • MOS guidelines)
- Create a KML file – 627 article(s) • Random article talk pages by state: ACT • NSW • NT • QLD • SA • TAS • VIC • WA (template/instructions)
- Make a map – 340 article(s) • Random article talk page (map colours and standards)
- Check recent edits – (only those with an infobox) • (articles) • (all namespaces)
- Questions – don't be afraid to ask!
- Advice – see project conventions, standards, and guidelines regarding:
- Resources – see our resources page for useful templates, maps, images, and sources.
WikiProject Australian Roads maintains and improves articles related to roads and road transportation in Australia, excluding topics related to vehicles. This scope covers all road-related articles within the Roads in Australia category structure, but only some of the articles within the wider Road transport in Australia category.
- Some examples of road transportation articles inside the project scope are Australian Road Rules, Black Spot Program, and Speed limits in Australia.
- Articles in various subcategories of Road transport in Australia such as Category:Australian motorcycles, Category:Bus transport in Australia, and Category:Cars of Australia are outside the project scope.
- Articles on fictitious roads are outside the project scope.
- Articles on temporary uses of roads, such as street circuits, parades, protests, and fun-runs, are outside the project scope.
|Click the "►" below to see all subcategories:|
|Click the "►" below to see all subcategories:|
|“||To continually improve the coverage of Australian roads on Wikipedia, through collaboration||”|
The key points in the mission are explained below:
- continually improve – There is no endpoint for the project, as roads are continually being built, upgraded and extended.
- coverage – Here coverage refers to both quality of coverage and breadth of coverage.
- Australian roads – The project mission is directly related to its scope. Articles outside of the project scope should collaborated on at a more appropriate venue.
- on Wikipedia – Improving Wikipedia is the core reason for editing Wikipedia. All of the projects articles and edits should be consistent with Wikipedia's principles, policies and guidelines.
- through collaboration – This refers to both inter-editor collaboration within this project (through discussion and shared resources), and inter-project colloboration (working with the other projects / task forces within WikiProject Highways and WikiProject Australia).
Long term goals are:
- Improve articles and lists to featured status
- Complete coverage of national and state highways and major roads (no important redlinks)
Medium term goals are:
- Develop standards and guidelines for Australian road articles (to complement existing Wikipedia-wide guidelines)
- Get at least one article to GA status for each state and mainland territory
Short term goals are:
- Identify editors who may be interested and ask them to join
- Tag and assess all articles within the project scope (see the projects Assessment page)
- Develop project resources, to be listed and explained on the Resources page
Here are some important tasks you can do to help WikiProject Australian Roads:
|To-do list for WikiProject Australian Roads:|
To join the project, add your username below, and a comment specifying your main areas of interest:
- Evad37 (talk · contribs) − Project founder; Main focus is Perth and Western Australia
- Gnangarra (talk · contribs) – photography; main focus is WA, latest work File:Graham farmer freeway tunnel east gnangarra.webm
- SatuSuro (talk · contribs) – various
- nbound (talk · contribs) − Main Focus: ACT/Sthn NSW, and to a lesser extent NSW as a whole.
- AussieLegend (talk · contribs) – NSW, especially the Hunter Region
- dfadden (talk · contribs) - ACT/NSW and NT
- Orderinchaos (talk · contribs) - Primarily but not exclusively WA
- Wiki ian (talk · contribs) - All Australian roads with a strong focus on Tasmania - particularly Hobart.
- marcnut1996 (talk · contribs) - main focus is Sydney roads and a smaller extent to NSW roads as a whole. Contributed in wiki about Syd roads
- linkqer (talk · contribs) - Main Focus: Adelaide Roads, lesser extend SA.
- HiLo48 (talk · contribs) - Primarily but not exclusively Vic
- Advanstra (talk · contribs) – Queensland particularly South East Qld, Pacific Hwy and other parts of NSW
- YuMaNuMa (talk · contribs) – Primary focus is on Sydney Metro roads
- Rangasyd (talk · contribs) – Primary focus is on roads leading to, from, or through the Central Tablelands and Central West of NSW. Bridges and railway and river crossings are also of interest all throughout NSW.
- Aunty Stick (talk · contribs) − Main interest is in freeway and dual carriageway development. A librarian at the University of Melbourne, so currently making the most of access to primary resources available from the library to provide accurate historical data.
- ScottDavis (talk · contribs) – interested in extending the coverage of transport networks in SA (and to a lesser extent western Victoria and NSW)
- NMFCFan113 (talk · contribs)- Interested in Smaller country roads, ones usually lablled "B###" or "C###" by the route numbering system.
- Main page: WikiProject Australian Roads/Assessment
Of the 1,413 pages overseen by WikiProject Australian Roads:
100% have been assessed for quality
See Category:Unassessed Australia road transport articles for the 0 remaining articles
99.8% have known importance
See Category:Unknown-importance Australia road transport articles for the 2 remaining articles
43.5% of prose articles are not stubs
See Category:Stub-Class Australia road transport articles for the 459 remaining articles
Did you know? articles
Main page featured articles
The Resources page lists many useful resources for improving articles, including templates, maps, images, references, important external links, and more.
See also the Article Standards page for advice on titles, content, infoboxes, maps, and road junction lists.
Road projects in other countries:
- Canada Roads WikiProject
- UK Roads WikiProject
- U.S. Roads WikiProject
- WikiProject Hong Kong Roads
- WikiProject Indian roads
Other Australian projects:
Find Australian Roads projects on other Wikimedia Foundation sites!
- Wikidata: d:WD:AURD