Wikipedia:Association of Member Investigations
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.|
|Tips for dispute resolution|
The Association of Member Investigations was an unofficial, volunteer organisation created to assist Wikipedians in investigating disputes and compiling complaints and evidence to be used in the various steps of dispute resolution. The AMI is meant to be a resource for users who are having a conflict with another user but to whom the task of compiling a request for comment or request for arbitration seems daunting.
Below is a section for requesting assistance. Please make it clear what articles and issues you would like investigated—investigators are unlikely to look outside the places you point them towards. Upon reading your request, one or more investigators will begin an evidence page, using /Template as a base. The evidence page will be located at Wikipedia:Association of Member Investigations/NAME OF PERSON INVESTIGATED for YOUR NAME. At that point, you may ask the investigators to submit the case to RfC, to submit it to the Arbitration Committee, or to simply archive the page.
Although the investigators may be sufficiently motivated by their findings to help with the case itself via the arbcom, this is not a part of their mandate—should they do so, they are acting on their own, and not as representatives of this organization.
Cases currently in progress
Requests for Assistance
If you want help in dealing with a problem user, please list your complaint below. If you do not feel comfortable posting on Wikipedia about your problem, please contact Snowspinner (The current AMI intern) via e-mail, and he will try to direct your problem to an appropriate investigator.
Sock puppets at VfD
At Wikipedia:Votes_for_deletion/Tess_khoo, the following IDs are listed but none of them have made any edits (not even the VfD!) so I assume they are all sock puppets:
- User:Peter File
- User:Heywood Jablomie
- User:Fuckin' chav innit
- User:Large remis
- User:Benedict XVI
Since sockpuppets can't be suspended without an official arbitration committee ruling and I've never went through that process before, can you please do so? (BTW, the Association of Member Investigations is a great idea. I'm happy to report problems but don't want to learn all the problems.) Thanks. Samw 21:48, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
— Davenbelle 20:14, Mar 25, 2005 (UTC)
- I'm not entirely sure what's needed here - it looks like the arbcom has suggested shooting on sight. I'd go ahead and post incidents to AN/I, and it seems like he should get shot, unless there's some strange and subtle circumstance I'm missing. Snowspinner 22:18, Mar 25, 2005 (UTC)
- I would characterize the primary "problem" as aggressive POV-editing; the above references have only dealt with the issues of reverts and sockpuppets; the evidence is there in his contrib history (including all the socks), it just needs to be researched and presented effectively – something I do not have time for. — Davenbelle 23:43, Mar 25, 2005 (UTC)
Last edit Mar 26, --SqueakBox 19:10, Apr 9, 2005 (UTC)
Membership is open to anybody who is interested in joining. Simply add your name to the list of partners below.
The AMI has no particular organizational structure, and all investigators are equally empowered to help. However, we do select one member to be our intern. This member, in addition to the responsibilities of being an investigator, is saddled with the task of making sure that requests are being answered, that evidence pages are being written, and that everything is running smoothly. He may also get partners some coffee periodically. Our current intern is User:Snowspinner. At some point, Snowspinner will stop being the intern and let somebody else take on the role. Or somebody else can step in and decide to be intern now, if they like.
- User:Wikizach I am new here, and I hope I can help making sure that all users enjoy researching without the disruption of vandalism.
- BLANKFAZE | (что??) — blankfaze /AT/ gmail /DOT/ com — I welcome all complaints and requests, whether placed here, or on my talk page, or via email, or via AIM (blankfaze) or IRC (blankfaze).
- Silas Snider
- Antonio Sex Movement Martin - I am available to review and investigate all problems and situations I get asked for.
- Herostratus 16:47, 17 January 2006 (UTC) This doesn't too look active... too bad. Maybe a cool new logo will help: