Wikipedia:Avoid using preview button
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This page is intended as humor. It is not, has never been, nor will ever be, a Wikipedia policy or guideline.
Rather, it illustrates standards or conduct that are generally not accepted by the Wikipedia community.
- This page is created as a humorous complement to Wikipedia:Avoid using wikilinks.
Preview button (shown on the right) is sometimes used to preview edits before saving them. This is wrong, evil and politically incorrect for several reasons:
- If your computer crashes, all your work will be lost.
- You won't have as many edits, and therefore, you are less likely to become an administrator of Wikipedia.
- Servers cannot handle the load of generating pages that do not even exist yet.
- If your typo causes a link to go red, that will cause people to realise that they should probably create a redirect to the real page. Since if you have misspelled it, somebody else might do so too.
- All that time spent will result in you getting an edit conflict, causing work lost and further headache.
- Parse all the text in your head, if you would like to see how it would look.
- Save the page (marking the edit minor). If the outcome is undesirable, edit again. If you like it, edit again, making a small change and apologising for marking a major edit as minor.
- Make a private sandbox.