CatScan is an external tool that searches an article category (and its subcategories) according to specified criteria to find articles, stubs, images, and categories. It can also be used for finding all articles that belong to two specified categories (the intersection). CatScan is developed by the German wikipedian Duesentrieb and is run on the toolserver, a special machine used for such tools.
- m:CatScan - Instructions
- m:User:Duesentrieb/CatScan - About page
- m:User talk:Duesentrieb/CatScan - Discussion page
- Template:Catscan - "Scan" template that automatically generates a link to a search of two user-defined categories.
Uses and ideas
A few examples of how the English Wikipedia uses CatScan:
- finding articles for deletion sorting, example
- finding articles for an educational project (class): search for stubs within a category corresponding to the class subject