The Choosing Wisely campaign will publish information from this society in late February 2013. Before then, there is no available information available except that this society is participating in the campaign and intends to share five ideas which its members have chosen as important for doctors and patients to discuss.
This project shares information from the American Urological Association on Wikipedia.
Articles of interest
|Articles relating to AUA content|
|article||traffic||pageview count*||example month||example change||sources cited||change summary|
|American Urological Association||chart||607||21 Nov 12|
|Urology||chart||53882||21 Nov 12|
|Benign prostatic hyperplasia||chart||61972||21 Nov 12|
|Urologic disease||chart||2020||21 Nov 12|
- *An arbitrary month has been chosen to present a count of pageviews. This month is neither the busiest nor slowest month, and this number seems typical for most articles in most months. Through the link anyone may check traffic in other months.
Review changes to all of the articles in the above table by visiting this watchlist.
American Urological Association, Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question, Choosing Wisely: an initiative of the ABIM Foundation (American Urological Association), retrieved October 17, 2013, which cites
- Carroll, Peter; Albertsen, Peter C.; Greene, Kirsten; Babaian, Richard J.; Carter, Ballentine; Gann, Peter H.; Han, Misop; Kuban, Deborah Ann; Sartor, Oliver; Stanford, Janet L.; Zietman, Anthony (2013), PSA Testing for the Pretreatment Staging and Posttreatment Management of Prostate Cancer: 2013 Revision of 2009 Best Practice Statement, American Urological Association, retrieved 17 October 2013
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (April 2012), National Comprehensive Cancer Network clinical practice guidelines in oncology, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania: American Urological Association, retrieved 17 October 2013
- McVary, Kevin T.; Roehrborn, Claus G.; Avins, Andrew L.; Barry, Michael J.; Bruskewitz, Reginald C.; Donnell, Robert F.; Foster, Harris E.; Gonzalez, Chris M.; Kaplan, John T.; Penson, David R.; Wei, James C. (2005), American Urological Association Guideline: Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), American Urological Association, retrieved 17 October 2013
- Heldwein, F. L.; Teloken, P. E.; Hartmann, A. A.; Rhoden, E. L.; Teloken, C. (2011). "Antibiotics and observation have a similar impact on asymptomatic patients with a raised PSA". BJU International 107 (10): 1576–1581. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09948.x. PMID 21244610.
- Stopiglia, R. M.; Ferreira, U.; Silva Jr, M. M.; Matheus, W. E.; Denardi, F.; Reis, L. O. (2010). "Prostate Specific Antigen Decrease and Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: Antibiotic Versus Placebo Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial". The Journal of Urology 183 (3): 940–944. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2009.11.044. PMID 20089269.