From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Archive 1 Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6
This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.
- Listings from 2007
- Statistical survey - This page is written like class notes.
- The Second Sex - The verbosity of this article, particularly the section Content of The Second Sex, makes it very confusing. It appears to be an essay or thesis but is so under-referenced that one cannot tell where the information and commentary is coming from. As a general reader I lack the knowledge base to sort out opinion from quotation from original research.Trilobitealive (talk) 01:41, 26 December 2007 (UTC)
- Lehmer's conjecture - Unreferenced; not being versed enough in such advanced mathematical topics, I am unble to judge whether or not the article actually makes sense. - Mike Rosoft 16:03, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
- 453d Electronic Warfare Squadron, Volleyball in Canada, Axial coding, Abracadabra, Kilrathi War, Michael Patterson (producer), Cinta Remaja, Valen tv: All have been tagged with cleanup tags for months now, with little or no progress made towards actually improving the articles.—188.8.131.52 12:23, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- Sri Viswa Viznana Vidya Adhyatmika Peetham is an barely wikified, uncontextualized textdump. AecisBrievenbus 13:07, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- Tennikoit - Unwikified, only reference is the Tennikoit Federation of India. Notability? - Mike Rosoft 16:27, 3 October 2007 (UTC
- Nomad - Article needs attention to check accuracy and possibly expand to provide more accurate definition. Also needs sources.—Lendorien 14:23, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Sukyo Mahikari - Religious article needs thorough cleanup to make encyclopedic. Needs wikification and copy editing for tone and pov issues. Significant sections unsourced.—Lendorien 14:31, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Arguments for and against drug prohibition - reads like a debate, some arguments are very weak e.g. Needs to be gone over for NPOV. Also contains serious sourcing issues. The article uses three different methods of sourcing. Needs to be converted to footnote intext references for entirety of article. Sections may need to be merged or reorganized. A very messy article.—Lendorien 19:43, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Lean Construction Worded like an advertisement. Deals with a specific construction technique by a limited group of firms. Promotes its superiority. Uses extensive external linking directly to for-profit organizations. 184.108.40.206 02:51, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- Translation - Has some readability issues. Also seems to be the subject of an editing skirmish between people who are in the field. The result is an article that reads like a textbook and is not very accessible to the non-expert. Man It's So Loud In Here 16:55, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
- Irish Property Bubble - Terribly formatted and very poor writing and content.Referencing could be fixed up as well. Olockers 10:30, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Radu Duda, Prince of Hohenzollern-Veringen - Allegations of heavily POV and non-nuetrality. May need copy editing for tone and research to provide better balance. Subject of an edit war. Needs to be reviewed. Please see talk page for more details.—Lendorien 18:41, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- Banasthali Vidyapith - Marked as an article which reads like an advertisement. It's based (with apparent permission) off the school's promotional brochure. Needs tone editing, wikification, cropping and possible expansion to include info usually found in university articles.—Lendorien 14:51, 22 August 2007 (UTC)
- Big Brother Australia series 3 - Needs tone checking and sourcing.—Lendorien 14:51, 22 August 2007 (UTC)
- Lalitaditya Muktapida - Article is not entirely thematically coherent at the moment. It needs to be reviewed by someone with a background in the subject to straighten things out.—Lendorien 14:51, 22 August 2007 (UTC)
- Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq grammar, repeated sentences, sections read like it was written by some teenager unfamiliar with the language. As the general's place in Pakistani history is important, I would like someone with academic knowledge to review, since the article has changed since the last time I read it. Mac
- This looks ok now, I have done a little editing and removed some of the bias.—Seth J. Frantzman 13:50, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Abduction phenomenon is a godawful mess; see Talk:Abduction phenomenon#Numerous massive problems Eleland 04:27, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
- Jealousy is based upon an inaccurate/limited definition of the word "jealousy." Does not cover any of the other meanings of the word beyond that in a romantic context. Includes poorly organized, non-encyclopaedic content. Entire 3rd paragraph is such high-level summary that it reads like a elementary school project - was worse than useless, far below the quality I've come to expect from Wikipedia. Punctuation is poor -I'm sure I could go on, but overall, I felt this was a very disappointing article.
- Feminism and the Oedipus complex - Messy stylistically; the section on Deutsch reads like it was automatically translated or translated badly, & other sections are haphazard & unclear. All sections need more detail and a generally more thorough, professional treatment to be useful. PoetrixViridis 04:07, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Uyghur people - Sloppily written, with poor grammar and illogical constructions; some sections are written in a juvenile tone; many unsupported statements; general pov Bacrito 15:36, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Big Brother (UK) - Article reads like a fan site. Poor grammar, no sources. Just plain low-standards. Dalejenkins | The Apprentice (UK)'s FA plea-please have your say! 18:16, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- I had a try at going through bits of the grammar and giving some bits references but it really needs a total rewrite! Groovychick3291 20:18, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Digital Entertainment Network - Article needs to be broken down, it is currently just a block o text. Grammar needs to be improved. Basically, the whole article needs improvement.—Credema 03:46, 2 August 2007 (UTC)
- Spa bath - article could benefit from some copy editing (grammar, style, further wikification)—Sietse 16:43, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
- List of colleges and universities in South Carolina - A lot of wrong information. some public colleges listed as private. Needs cleanup
- Amedeo Guillet needs cleanup by someone familiar with Italian military history. Some text editing, organization and sources needed.—Lendorien 21:10, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
- Perpetua: An article about an early Christian martyr that mostly just needs some improvements in readability. Sources also needed.—Lendorien 21:10, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
- Pallava: Organization is poor. English is muddled. There seems to be some original research mixed in there, although that might just be an artifact of poor composition. Probably needs a solid fact-check. Justin Bacon 15:57, 8 October 2005 (UTC)
- Promotional model NeedsSome text editing, wikifying + sources.—Lendorien 21:10, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hollard Group - Has weird links to non-existent article, POV- seems to be a promo taken from the company literature. Frankie816 14:57, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- Center for Talented Youth - This is terribly written, it is full of typos and has more fandom than information. It seems like someone wrote the article who did not know how to write, because of that there are no links and bad HTML. Marlith 03:35, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- Frame of reference - very long paragraphs, particularly in the lead. Needs fact checking and sources + probably expert attention.—Lendorien 13:26, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- Nursing Informatics - needs copy editing, sources and probably expert attention.—Lendorien 13:26, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- Kshatriya - needs extensive editing for grammar, to remove redundancy, and generally to make it encyclopedic.—Whateley23 20:58, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- Cave diving - Needs to be completely re-organised. Too much of some info, others are lacking. Lacks proper headings. History section is particularly scrappy (ricjl)
- Tejano music - Needs repair of many links, and several paragraphs are opinionated talk-page like material.—Whoistheroach 14:40, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
- Talking to Dragons - Abnormally massive paragraph with potentially useless information.
- Bassmasters Classic - Lack of third-party sources. Rjgodoy 08:27, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Sardar Amir Azam - De-PoV& wikify. Half of article is unsourced.—Lendorien 18:59, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hip hop & Hip hop music - Both appear to replicate the content of each other. Hip hop music has two styles of referencing, includes a list of sources, and a limited number of Harvard refs. The article is full of opinion, not neutral and very long. Confused re-directs/merger requests. Escaper2007 11:18, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- Vasileios Spanoulis - The formatting of this article is very sloppy and the layout makes for a very confusing read, but it has potential given the amount of quality information about this international NBA player compared to many others. MichaelProcton 04:46, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hanover Shoe Farms has a cleanup tag on it but I cannot find the reason why on this page. I made recent edits to it to clean it up but I'm not sure if I fixed the problem. COuld somebody give me a hand? I'm new to wikipedia. Barn Cat 18:36, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- I will definitely try to help, but most of the help I can offer is to clean up the language. It currently sounds very stilted. Sean Montgomery 14:23, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- Strawberry Shortcake-Majority of the article is unsourced and probably contains original research and whatever sources are there are questionable. Storm05 16:12, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Nihonjinron - An article that looks like it's in the middle of major editing but hasn't been edited in almost a month. It has a section named 'Comment to be repositioned' and other stuff that should've been done on the talk page. Haridan 07:04, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Pseudo.com - Notable internet pioneer firm, however page lacks a lead, a lot of the information is in non-encyclopedic form, and the bulk of the people mentioned are red-links.—Cerejota 03:29, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Non-synchronous transmissions - Article needs serious improvements. It repeats information, it has no illustrations to explain the text, and it is written in an unencyclopedic manner. It also promotes the American Trucker Association, & Professional Truck Driver's Association school at the Houston Community College N.E. campus in northeast Houston, TX (USA)! Why? — CZmarlin 02:26, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Ranger's Apprentice (series) - A large amount of spelling and grammatical errors. Way to many for me to fix on my own. The content at parts can also sound very unprofessional
- Bob Clampett - very subjective text in the lower sections - e.g. he wrote some of the 'most outrageuous and funniest cartoons'.
- Focus III - this reads like a review, and is incredibly positively biased.
- Mii (Jungle de Ikou!) - This article is about a cartoon featuring a ten year old girl with large breasts. The writers of this article do not deserve good faith; the depraved tone is hideously unencyclopedic. A gx7 02:49, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival - Seems to me someone just typed it straight from a book or typed it. Considered deletion tag, but I think it's salvageable. Wikified a bit of it and added categories, but it's massive. Hourick 22:15, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
- Shuriken School - It has little information, has no illustrations, and is written in an unencyclopedic manner. It needs some serious improving. Thomas Yen 16:32, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Ranger's Apprentice (series) - A large amount of spelling and grammatical errors. Way to many for me to fix on my own. The content at parts can also sound very unprofessional. Scabloo 04:23, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Knights of the Dinner Table - Character bios could possibly be moved to Characters from Knights of the Dinner Table to make room for info about the publication itself. Also needs sourcing. See talk page.—Lendorien 16:49, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Valley_High_School_(Des_Moines,_Iowa) - Lots of <br /> tags, inconsistent formatting. Bassgoonist 19:24, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- Video CD - Large sections contain grammar errors as if parts were machine-translated into English. 220.127.116.11 19:03, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thompson (band) - Doesn't look to be written by native English speaker. Odd grammatical mistakes littered throughout. Also may contain OR and copyright violations. Milton 22:19, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Children's street culture - From the first sentence to the end section is poorly written, with many off topic and lists too long.GreaterWikiholic 04:05, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Zbigniew Brzezinski - This long article has good content; it needs a serious copyeditor to lift its quality. Lightwiki 23:56, 22 June 2007 (UTC).
- Abdul Baqi Purani - almost unreadable; possibly translated from Pakistani. David Mestel(Talk) 16:46, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- First-Person Shooter - Most of the article is pretty good, but a few sections need a bit of help. GreaterWikiholic 16:48, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- HSV SS Group A - Needs more wikifying and cleanup from someone who knows his/her cars. Mvuijlst 17:47, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
- Civil War (comic book) - The Synopsis section needs cleaning up. It's really long and wordy and disorganized and is just a retelling of it all, and is not encyclopedic. It also needs extensive copyediting.—zandperl 16:47, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- Yoshi's Story is poorly written with an absoulutely terrible section. GreaterWikiholic 04:30, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- Monoboard - Article reads like something made up in school. Cybermuz 16:09, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- First-person shooter engine has a terrible introduction, jargon, lists and is confusing to anyone unfamiliar with the subject. GreaterWikiholic 04:15, 14 June 2007 (UTC)
- Qiyamah - Treats the subject as fact, instead of as what it is: a religious belief. Cows fly kites (Aecis) Rule/Contributions 13:20, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
- Retrotransposon marker - Jargon-heavy. Overall, very choppy writing.—Iknowyourider 15:53, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
- Gene gun - At the very least, the second paragraph of the "Design" section needs a cleanup, possibly a rewrite.—Iknowyourider 20:52, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- Ziyarat#India - Section is a mess. Cows fly kites (Aecis) Rule/Contributions 09:57, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- Vittoriale degli Italiani - This is a first article, might overlook some aspects of formatting, style, NPOV, etc. Lebanese blond 19:11, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
- Shredderman Rules - Parts of the plot are poorly-written. Groudon199 19:25, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- Ocean's Thirteen - This article violates NPOV and needs a serious grammar clean up.
- Makam Habib Noh - Article reads like a hagiography. AecisBrievenbus 14:33, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- Jean Houston "Contributions in perspective" section is written like an essay. 18.104.22.168 08:32, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- Barrow-in-Furness Badly written and unreferenced with way too much unnecessary information. Poor compared to similar sized UK settlements. Kijog 22:55, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
- Tholus, Mensa (geology), Rupes, Macula (planetary geology), Linea - short articles about planetary features, originally proposed for deletion after being moved to Wiktionary; I believe that they could be expanded or merged somewhere. - Mike Rosoft 11:59, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
- Parlour music - Article is completely unsourced. May need text edits.—Lendorien 17:09, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- Jarboe - List of albums needs cleanup. Biographical info was cut as copy vio, but a user readded it claiming to be the artist in question's assistant. It IS copy vio fromt he artist's website. Someone with a bit more knowledge of policy needs to take care of this.—Lendorien 16:59, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Yeoman - No intro, dictionary like sections, written poorly, could be shortened. Seems more like what you'll find in an entymology dictionary than an encyloclopedia. GreaterWikiholic 00:05, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
- Lauren London - The article already has an Unreferenced tag, but could also benefit from a general cleaning up of the Early Life and Career section. Arrow 00:28, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
- Santa Sangre - Tone not encyclopedic—PhageRules1 20:47, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
- I fixed most of the grammar and added a spoiler warning, but the article is still very lacking, especially in sources. JoeyETS 00:57, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
- Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station - "Safety Concerns" section has a non-working link. Most of the "History" section is uncited, with the only reference to an ISBN number. 22.214.171.124 12:16, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
- Pre-qualification. Some of the information is incorrect, specifically regarding the social security number not being needed. That is absolutely incorrect.
- Hells Angels is really poorly written, controversy aside. There are all sorts of grammatical errors and odd syntaxes. I'd be bold, but I don't know enough abuot the subject to figure out what some of the article is trying to say—xAlpha 23:00, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
- Maybe a "subject matter expert"? What subject would that be? It may just need to be re-written - both the article and talk are a bit out of control.Lightwiki 01:53, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Timebase correction repeats a lot of the same information and is poorly organized.
- iNiS is poorly written, short and has broken links. Hard to read. Needs to look encyclopedic. GreaterWikiholic 02:17, 28 May 2007 (UTC)
- Warriors_(novel_series) - Simply very messy, unprofessional, and biased—Lefteh 01:05, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
- Alfonso Ribeiro Trivia section needs to be integrated into article or removed. GrooveDog 12:22, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
- Briarpatch. Looks like bits have been cut out. Beyond that, general lack of NPOV, unencyclopedic tone, and, frankly, patent nonsense.—Hiddekel 22:23, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- Sam & Dave - In dire need of help. POV, colloquial writing, poor formatting, makes no attempt to follow standards.—FuriousFreddy 23:54, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
- Canvey Island - Reads like a travel guide. AecisBrievenbus 23:29, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
- Smooth jazz - Numerous Wikipedia policy concerns, including WP:RS, WP:V and in turn WP:N as well as WP:NPOV, WP:NOR, WP:NOT#DIR and WP:EL. The article though is about a major jazz genre with worldwide radio coverage, and so is notable and in my view, not eligible for AfD, but notability isn't established in the article due to no citations or references. Also alerted to cleanup taskforce, where detailed information on the articles problems are here: Wikipedia:Cleanup Taskforce/Smooth jazz.—tgheretford (talk) 16:10, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
- Richard McKeon - There are no citations, and the article is not well written, especially the end.
Tonya Kay - article reads like a resume or a press release, has an overly detailed list of articles and appearances. Blade 05:54, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
- Alternative hip hop - Supplies little fact and much opinion and while it cites its sources for this information, it doesn't read like an encyclopedia entry at all. Does not go into great detail regarding examples, history, etc.
- Lan Mandragoran - Article on a character from The Wheel of Time - the page was really disorganized so I grouped topics, but within each topic the text needs to be changed to flow better.—zandperl 20:37, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
- Evaluation - grammar and formatting both need cleaning up a bit. Some clunky and sweeping statements need tidying up too. Rob 15:04, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (character) - These articles are in desperate need of cleanup and I refuse to be the one to do it (I don't have the time nor the patience to handle such jobs). I suggest more than one person tackles these articles (I'm sure the other Bobobo articles need cleanup too) to avoid going insane. // DecaimientoPoético 00:33, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- VATSIM - Information is not up to date, needs a review Enti342 09:25, 8 May 2007 (EST)
- John Mensah - POV fancruft. AecisBrievenbus 00:08, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- Floating timeline - A fair bit of information their, but it needs to be more organized and presented in a clearer way. -Kraw Night 06:15, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
- Corporation (university) needs a lot of work to get up to standard 126.96.36.199 00:07, 1 May 2007 (UTC)
- Dumarsais Simeus - There is a great to-do list on the talk page. Nswinton 21:09, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
- Kurdish calendar - Messy, grammar errors, and probably inaccurate information.
- Direct-to-video - Poorly written, lack of info, badly designed and senseless.
- Still not pretty. Nswinton 21:51, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Nancy Astor, Viscountess Astor is in need of some reorganization. Various sections could probably be subcategorized (for example: 'Virginia', 'New York' and 'England' — although I'm not sure what heading they could fall under; also, 'Parliament' and 'The House doesn't miss anybody' should probably go together). jareha 05:36, 21 September 2005 (UTC)
- NPOV and unreferenced still. Nswinton 21:51, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Frame of reference - very long paragraphs, particularly in the lead.
- Fixed spelling of title (moved page). -- Igiffin 04:44, 22 September 2005 (UTC)
- Needs expert help. Nswinton 21:51, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Involution (philosophy) - possibly overenthusiastic capitalization.
- Besides possibly narrow worldview, this articles isn't in terribly bad shape. Nswinton 21:51, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Nursing Informatics - majority of article is a reprint of a memo from a company which lists opportunities in the field. This seems inappropriate material for Wikipedia. Also, external references not formatted standard way.--Vitamin D 19:25, 9 September 2005 (UTC)
- Right now (4/07)there is really only an opening definition and 6 more definitions in the definition section! Some good refs but no article. tagged for expand. --killing sparrows 06:40, 10 April 2007 (UTC)