Wikipedia:Did you know/Learning DYK
|This is part of the|
|Learning DYK system|
Did you know... is a section you can see on the Main Page. Beginners should consult this Did You Know glossary if they don't understand any of the terms used. Beginners may like to start by looking at a summary of our many rules: this provides links to pages with more detailed explanations (which in turn may link to even more detailed pages).
Here are the ways you can help. The ways are listed in increasing order of the Did You Know experience that is required to do these jobs well. So beginners should choose from the top of the list. Statistics show most people who read this page don't click anything, but that wasn't the intent. Please choose from the list and read on; there's more.
- You can help proofread nominations.
- You can write a new article. But you might want to study the nomination process first or write your article in user space, or your article might be too old before it's ready.
- You can nominate a new article and write a Did You Know hook for it.
- You can approve or disapprove nominations.
- You can select nominations for the preparation areas.
- You can help our software to schedule regular moves from the preparation areas to the Main Page, or do it the old way if the software isn't working.
- Other Did You Know lore, including a step-by-step description of how a nomination gets to the Main Page
- Wikipedia:How to write the perfect "Did you know" hook A set of instructions on how to make your hook the best that it can be
- Site map