This WikiProject has managed to standardize the articles on the known chemical elements (see Guidelines page). Now it is aimed at the maintenance of these at an agreed upon format discussed in Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Elements and at the expansion and improvement of each article to featured article quality (check out our Goals below). See also WikiProject Isotopes. For a complete list of articles covered, including talk pages and templates, click here. To see all articles covered, but not talk pages and templates, see the periodic table by quality.
TOC: Announcements – Achievements – Goals – Periodic table – Article alerts – Popular pages – Elements report
|24 featured content items:.
Featured articles (21)
H, He, O, F, Ti, Zn, Ge, Y, Nb, Tc, Xe, Cs, Ir, At, Fr, U, Pu, Cf, 118, noble gas, metalloid, periodic table
Featured lists (1)
periodic table (large cells)
Featured topics (2)
noble gases, period 1 elements
Signpost interviews: 2011, 2013
edit - detailed list - other high quality articles
by the quality of the articles on each chemical element. (dark blue for FA, dark green for GA, light blue for A, light green for B, yellow for C, orange for Start, and red for Stub)
· view · watch · refresh · edit · history · Archive
- Current FACs, FARs, GANs, GARs, PRs, AIDs and similar activities
Successful FACs, FARs, GANs, GARs, or milestones
- Astatine became a featured article on April 30, 2015.
- Livermorium became a good article on October 1, 2014.
- The actinides became a good topic on September 29, 2014.
- Ununpentium became a good article on September 13, 2014.
- Flerovium became a good article on September 12, 2014.
- Lawrencium became a good article on September 9, 2014.
- Nobelium became a good article on September 9, 2014.
- Chalcogen was kept as a good article on September 8, 2014.
- Thorium became a good article on September 7, 2014.
- Fluorine became a featured article on August 15, 2014.
- Mendelevium became a good article on August 7, 2014.
- Neptunium became a good article on July 7, 2014.
- Metalloid became a featured article on May 14, 2014.
- Older achievements
Periodic table by article quality
- Short term
- Bring the A-class articles to FA standard.
- Bring all remaining C-class Top-importance articles to B-class or above, especially the elements from sodium to chlorine.
- Bring the rest of the vital articles to FA-class.
- 3 Done (H, O, Periodic table)
- 10 Remaining (Chemical element, Al, C, Cu, Au, Fe, N, Si, Ag, Metal)
- Make period 7 element a good topic.
- Mid term
- Bring all articles to B-class standard or above. (109/162 = 67% as of July 2012)
- Longer term
- Bring all the remaining Top- and High-importance articles to FA-standard (20/96 = 21% as of September 2013)
- Bring all the other articles to GA-class or above (turn the "Periodic Table by Quality" completely dark green and blue.) (92/162 = 57% as of September 2013)
- Ultimate goals
- Bring all element and supporting articles to FA standard (turn the "Periodic Table by Quality" completely dark blue.) (18/162 = 11% as of September 2013)
- Templates for discussion
- Files for deletion
- Featured article candidates
- Requested moves