Wikipedia:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week
|Project main page||Editor of the Week||Current Nominations||Nominations talk page||Accepted Nominations||Hall of Fame||Recipient response||Talk|
|Don't hesitate: Visit the nominations page and nominate someone today for Editor of the Week!|
—Jimbo Wales 13:08, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
|The villain Ernst Stavro Blofeld in the James Bond film You Only Live Twice|
|Editor of the Week
for the week beginning August 24, 2014
|Founder of the Actors and Filmmakers project and the Historic Houses project. Interested in films and the history of cinema, and was responsible for the American films of 1944. Has a very keen interest in historic architecture, particularly English country houses, old monasteries, and grand hotels. Founded the Tibetan project and also made the Slovenian project an independent one. Established WP:Intertranswiki|
|Truly consistent work throughout the years that has never wavered in quality. Respectful, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.|
|The amount of material this editor has contributed along with his ideas for improvement are phenomenal.|
Editor of the Week
Editor of the Week is a recognition award for unsung heroes: editors who do excellent work in improving Wikipedia while typically going unnoticed. A recipient of Editor of the Week ideally has one or more of the following characteristics:
- Writes or significantly expands articles on a regular basis.
- Cleans up articles by, for example, adding sources, expanding citations with the necessary information, aligning prose with the manual of style, or improving the quality of the prose through copy-editing (such as making the text more concise and removing redundant wording).
- Serves as notable voice of reason in discussions with other editors.
- Performs behind-the-scenes work, not normally seen by the general community.
While there are many well-known editors who meet these criteria, the intent is to recognize someone less celebrated yet deserving of greater renown. As admins typically have already been recognized for their work, please limit your nominations to non-admins.
To nominate an editor for Editor of the Week, add your nomination to the nominations page. It should be around 100–200 words, describing why the editor should be recognized, including specific tasks and behaviours that are beneficial to the encyclopedia and the community. If accepted, your nomination will be posted to the recipient's talk page, so make it a good one—recipients appreciate knowing the precise actions that you are recognizing!
Once nominated, the clerks for the Editor of the Week program will discuss the nomination, and reach a consensus on whether or not it is accepted. All accepted nominations are placed in a queue for the Editor of the Week. On Sunday evening, a clerk will present the Editor of the Week award to the editor at the top of the queue.
An editor can be recognized as Editor of the Week no more than once in a 12-month period.
Administrators, while deserving, are not eligible to receive the Editor of the Week award.
When discussing a nomination to reach a consensus on its acceptance, please focus on the editor's praiseworthy characteristics and word any concerns as positively and constructively as possible. It isn't necessary for a nominee to be a perfect editor—the Editor of the Week initiative is designed to spotlight the specific beneficial behaviours and actions described in the nomination.
2013 Recipients of Editor of the Week aka The Eddy
|Visit the Editor of the Week Hall of Fame|
2014 Recipients of Editor of the Week aka The Eddy
|Visit the Editor of the Week Hall of Fame|
- Please sign this with three tildes (~~~) if you are interested in helping with this project.
A basic task is visiting the Editor of the Week's talk page the day after to offer congratulations
- Go Phightins!
- Buster Seven Talk
- TheOriginalSoni (talk)
- — Yash [talk]
- Gtwfan52 (talk) 20:42, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- Mark Miller 23:18, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
- — Statυs (talk, contribs) 03:07, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- — ΛΧΣ21
- The Interior (Talk) 02:56, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- --JustBerry (talk) 18:33, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- Lettik (talk) 19:31, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
- I, JethroBT drop me a line 05:24, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- Discuss the nomination on the nominations talk page if necessary.
- After at least a two week period for response and seconding, remove the nomination from the nominations page.
- Place the newly accepted nomination at the bottom of the queue of accepted nominations.
- Start an initial draft of the infobox for the newly accepted nomination at Template:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Project main page/sandbox.
- Remove the nomination at the top of the queue of accepted nominations and add the recipient to the bottom of the table above.
- Update Template:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Project main page with a new infobox for the current Editor of the Week. The infoboxes are created and stored at Template:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Project main page/sandbox. Transfer the information from the sandbox to the main page. This will display the weekly changing infobox at both the Project main page and the Editor of the Week main page.
- Update Wikipedia:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Hall of Fame with the latest version of Template:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Project main page. The current method of updating the Hall of Fame page involves copying the current EotW infobox to a newly created archive page. The current archive pages can be found at Template:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Project main page; the next one in sequential order should be created and used for the Hall of Fame ( on Monday) and for adding to the recipients talk page (on Tuesday).
- Update the recipient's talk page:
- Add the Wikipedia:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Recipient notification to the recipient's talk page. Use the subst: syntax as specified on the template page. Note any diffs in the nomination text must be modified; see the template documentation for details.
- On Tuesday, add the Template:WikiProject Editor Retention/Editor of the Week/Project main page template to the recipient's talk page. Use the subst: syntax for the sequential archive as specified on the template page.