|This page in a nutshell: We are not bound to write an article every time a newspaper reports on someone farting in public, transporting a dog improperly, or eating dog as a child.|
|This page contains material that is apparently kept because it is considered humorous. Please do not take it seriously.|
Some Wikipedia editors[A] often have a desire to put the latest, breaking
wind news in articles, however just because a piece of trivial[dubious ] information was printed in a newspaper or gossip magazine, or on a website, there is no requirement for it to be included on Wikipedia. Keep in mind not every fart is notable.
Magazines such as People and Us Weekly print information that interests folks that week. It's verifiable. That does not mean that Wikipedia needs to reproduce all of it. While there may be many articles in the space of a few days on a topic, that does not mean it is of lasting significance.
The Lohan paradox
A: No. Because not every fart is notable. However some may be, depending on who or why.
The Lohan paradox with a slice of Bieber
Q: If Ms. Lohan tweets about her fart in the forest, is it then notable?
A: No, however if Justin Bieber tweets about it, it still isn't.
The Zappa exception
Q: If Frank Zappa farts on a record, is that notable?
A: Yes. Everything Frank Zappa does on vinyl is notable.
The K-pop theorem
Q: If a K-pop artist's management agency announces via a portal (secretly owned by the holding company that also owns the artist's record company) that a teaser for a video accompanying the download-only version of a possible new single for the first full comeback may be released in the near future, should it be included in said K-pop artist's article?
The Pimp president paradigm
Q: If the spouse of a United States presidential candidate (who happens to be the former president, and a total mack daddy) poses with three fully clothed pornographic actresses, should it be included in either of their biographies?
A: No, even though pimpin' ain't easy.
Q: What if the fully clothed pornographic actresses are notable?
- Bare notability
- Complete bollocks
- I wouldn't know him from a hole in the ground
- List of bad article ideas
- Why should I care?
- You know who you are.
- Busbee, Jay (October 3, 2010). "Mystery solved! At last, Cigar Guy's secret identity revealed!". [Yahoo! Sports]]. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- Sportsmail Reporter (October 3, 2010). "Easy Tiger! The moment Woods's Ryder Cup challenge was halted... by a photographer". Daily Mail. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- Inbar, Michael (October 10, 2010). "‘Cigar Guy’: Fame is fantastic — and embarrassing: Man behind the viral sensation pops up on the plaza and talks about the phenomenon". Today. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton leaves fart sound phone messages for Lindsay Lohan". CeleBitchy. February 15, 2008. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Mack daddy definition". Urban Dictionary. Retrieved May 31, 2012.
- Doll, Jen (May 24, 2012). "Do We Really Care if Bill Clinton Posed with Porn Stars?". The Atlantic Wire. Retrieved May 24, 2012.