Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/By George, the Country Needs Me!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Britain Needs You at Once
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 19 Feb 2013 at 01:51:18 (UTC)
- A fine Art Nouveau recruitment poster; one of the more attractive and interesting from WWI.
- Articles in which this image appears
- In no particular order: History of the United Kingdom during World War I, Patronages of Saint George, Recruitment to the British Army during the First World War, Saint George.
- FP category for this image
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/History/WWI
- Parliamentary Recruiting Committee, restored by Adam Cuerden.
- Support as nominator --Adam Cuerden (talk) 01:51, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I tweaked the licencing (if you don't have any issues, I suggest you change the other versions similarly, or I can, if you would like). Question: did the original poster use such a poor contrast ratio (the dull green on black) or have we lost something along the way of reproducing it? Grandiose (me, talk, contribs) 23:10, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
- It's a metallic green, and metallic colours are unreproducable on computer monitors, unfortunately. Of course, the main issue is that the poster creator never designed this to be seen as a tiny thumbnail on an aggressively white background. It looks fine at a larger size. Adam Cuerden (talk) 23:56, 11 February 2013 (UTC)