Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Mark Twain
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A good portrait of one of the greatest writers in United States literature. Restored version of Image:MarkTwain.LOC.jpg.
- Articles this image appears in
- Mark Twain, Osteopathic medicine in the United States, List of premature obituaries, Unfinished work, and Reception history of Jane Austen.
- Support as nominator DurovaCharge! 22:41, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support per nom. Cacophony (talk) 22:58, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support per nom. --Janke | Talk 17:22, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- My support above was/is for the original. In the edit, the soft-focus effect (probably intended by original photographer) is lessened, and grain increased (note collar). --Janke | Talk 07:50, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- Strong Support very nice portrait... for all intents and purposes supporting per nom. Cat-five - talk 02:21, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support. This is not perfect (shallow DOF, a bit shadowy, on the small side, and he's very old here), but it seems to be the best we have, and Twain as an outstanding author amongst other things, and as a very photogenic guy, deserves a spot. --jjron (talk) 08:13, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support preference for Edit 1. It's somewhat surprising that there isn't an FP of Twain yet and this one is pretty good (original is a bit too soft for my taste tho). --Fir0002 10:17, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support the sharpened version.--Svetovid (talk) 20:49, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support edit 1. - Darwinek (talk) 12:06, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support original - Expressive portrait Alvesgaspar (talk) 00:17, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Promoted Image:Twain1909.jpg MER-C 04:43, 9 February 2008 (UTC)