Wikipedia:Go ahead, vandalize
|This page is intended as humor. It is not, has never been, nor will ever be, a Wikipedia policy or guideline.
Rather, it illustrates standards or conduct that are generally not accepted by the Wikipedia community.
|This page in a nutshell: If you are ever tempted, and are not intimidated by the consequences, go ahead and vandalize all you want. Be warned, you will get caught, and it is a temporary privilege.|
Do you enjoy vandalism?!
Are you bored?
Is it tempting?
Is it funny?
Do you want to do it just for the thrill of it?
Or are you angry?
Then go right ahead. Vandalize any page that you please.
Here's what will happen:
- The vandalism will usually be reverted, probably in several minutes, if not seconds. A lot of obvious vandalism is reverted automatically, so it'll never even appear in the first place.
- You will be left with an ugly message on your user talk page. Even if you remove it, which you can do, it'll always remain in the archive of your talk page, and anyone will be able to see it.
- The act of vandalism will always be a part of your user contributions. That, too, will look ugly if you are striving to be a respected editor.
- You will be temporarily blocked from editing after you vandalize several times. If you persist after returning, you may be blocked indefinitely or completely banned from editing Wikipedia, and will be unable to create another account from your IP address. Any accounts that are created from other IP addresses found to belong to you will be blocked. If you continue to change your IP address and vandalize, Wikipedians will discuss the issue with your Internet Service Provider.
- If you vandalize under an IP, it'll make it harder for you or anyone else to make valid edits or register a username while connected via that IP address or range.
- Regardless, if you get blocked, other editors, perhaps respected ones, may also get blocked for a while.
- The page you vandalize may get protected, making it harder for others to edit legitimately.
- If you use sockpuppets (multiple accounts), you will eventually get caught by a checkuser. You and all of your accounts will be blocked.
- Anyone can report you to your ISP for abuse if you do it as an IP, even if they're not a Wikipedian.
- If you bring your vandalism to other Wikimedia projects like Wikibooks or Wiktionary, a steward will globally lock your account, preventing you from being able to log in to any Wikimedia project. In some cases, your IP may even be globally blocked.
If you've done all of this, stuff, congrats; You've been permanently locked out of the Wikipedia community, unless you do have intentions of editing constructively.