Wikipedia:Icelandic Wikipedians' notice board
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.|
Velkomin! This is a notice board for Icelanders, Icelandic citizens or anyone interested in Icelandic topics.
- We keep track on new articles related to Iceland. See /New articles.
- We list articles needing improvements or images, at /Other requests for improvement. Red links are at /Requested articles.
- We report "Pages listed at Articles for Deletion" related to Iceland.
- We are monitoring quality articles in featured articles.
Icelandic featured articles
Quality articles are listed at /Icelandic quality articles.
Icelandic featured pictures
For quite a long time 1-2 editors write the Kven article, which basically claims that Kvens/Cwens permeated whole Northern Europe.. I have reasons to believe that it is original research and POV-pushing. I periodically delete some really abnormal claims related to countries outside Scandinavia. Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge of Northern European history and not a single expert with second opinion editis this article. Please help. mikka (t) 20:37, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
- I'll see if I can find an expert on this but I can confirm that they are mentioned in Chapter 14 of Egil's Saga (Egla) and a noted historian posts a short post about them in Icelandic on this page, it does look like the Kven article might be making a claim on behalf of both Kvenir as well as Tafeistar and Kirjals. --Stalfur 00:08, 4 February 2006 (UTC)
- This is a hoax or a private joke and the site linked from the page appears to be a part of it. The only link on that site is to the said Wikipedia article. --Bjarki 13:46, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- Image_talk:Rhsteinunnicelandmiss.jpg Fair use is disputed. Please participate in the discussion.
New Proposed Project
There is a new proposed WikiProject dealing with Iceland at Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Proposals#Iceland. Any interested parties should sign up there. If there is enough interest (5 or more members), the project will be officially created. Badbilltucker 21:04, 12 December 2006 (UTC)