Wikipedia:Long-term abuse/Page 2
This is page 2 of Wikipedia:Long term abuse, made to prevent the main page from getting too long.
- 1 Tooj117/The Geek Vandal
- 2 Royal Court of Affairs or The Shame of Sultan Qaboos
- 3 CantStandYa
- 4 Blocked User:Gibraltarian
- 5 SpongeBob/The Shining vandal
- 6 Sollog
- 7 Zephram Stark
- 8 Krabs502
- 9 User:Hryun (D.A. Arbatsky vandal)
- 10 Unemployed, living in basement, aka Brando(n)03, aka Louisville Vandal
- 11 Fursecution Vandal
- 12 Asian fetish vandal
- 13 "The Blasphemy Guy"
- 14 The Middle East Conflict Man
- 15 Banned User:Irate
- 16 Emico
- 17 Nokhc / aluminium, sulfur
- 18 Disney/Barney vandal
- 19 User:Enlighter1 & sock puppets
- 20 User:Outoftuneviolin
- 21 Galatasaray, etc POV pushers
- 22 Ionocraft, Lifter (ionic propulsion device), and Biefeld – Brown effect
- 23 Jinxtengu Vandal
- 24 Joan of Arc vandal
- 25 The name vandal
- 26 User:Kermanshahi long term vandalism (found here on this page)
- 27 ClaimJumperPete
- 28 Serial SPAMmers
- 29 RedPenOfDoom
Tooj117/The Geek Vandal
Tooj117 is a vandal that started vandalizing the page Geek by repetedly adding a ridiculous picure of a stereotypical geek. The vandal the began adding this picture on various pages, or just doing other vandalism such as page blanking, and false information. The user was blocked indefinitely. Tooj117 kept creating sockpuppets and had accounts doing the same vandalism from different IPs. The vandalism by tooj117 of the page geek still happens frequently, but not nearly as often as before. Tooj117 has claimed to be more than 3 people working as a "team" to create sockpuppets and vandalize pages. Another user Stroon was thought to be an impersonator, but is simply a member of the Tooj117 "unit".The Geek Vandal still vandalizes pages freqeuntly. Mostly geek, Joe Lieberman, and Admin's user pages (Particularly Ohnoitsjamie). Tooj117 has started vandalizing across wikis and creating impersonations of Admins user pages. This troll/vandal or an impersonator of this vandal also appears to be active at Palaeos.org a free encyclopedia of Geologic history.
- If adding a new suspected socks, see instructions here for how to add a new one: Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser/Case/Tooj117
Royal Court of Affairs or The Shame of Sultan Qaboos
Spams links to some sort of personal/attack site across numerous Omani related pages, including Qaboos of Oman, Sultan of Oman's Armed Forces, List of Muslim leaders and politicians, Grand Mosque, Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center, Sultan Qaboos Cup, Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Sultan Qaboos University Timothy Landon. Uses different names including:
- S9t8d7 (talk · contribs)
- Blow911 (talk · contribs)
- Yxes166 (talk · contribs)
- 188.8.131.52 (talk · contribs)
- Previous incident reports:
- Wikipedia:Requests for investigation/Archives/2006/01#October 2005 -Ich bin ein Berliner
- Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive46#184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11/Shran/et al.
- Wikipedia:Requests for investigation/Archives/2005/11#IP Moderate (for 18.104.22.168)
- Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/3RRArchive9#Increadible volume of vandalism on List of ethnic slurs
- Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive64#Increadible volume of vandalism on List of ethnic slurs (crossposting of above)
- Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive82#Socks of Shran/CantStandYa
- Previously identified sock accounts/IPs:
- More suspected sock accounts/IPs:
- 22.214.171.124 (talk · contribs)
- 126.96.36.199 (talk · contribs)
- 188.8.131.52 (talk · contribs)
- Ashton Coochter (talk · contribs)
- CantStandYa (talk · contribs)
- NoBloodForEarl (talk · contribs)
- Ordrestjean (talk · contribs)
- Peckerwood (talk · contribs)
- WolframSiever (talk · contribs)
- WhiskyWhiskers (talk · contribs)
- WOOKIEwantMEDAL (talk · contribs)
- New socks
- ChevalierJean (talk · contribs)
- Ordre St Jean (talk · contribs)
- Newer socks (blocked as of January 2007)
- Omnivore Oprah (talk · contribs)
- Senator Cooter (talk · contribs)
- Avenging Anglo (talk · contribs)
- Russophile2 (talk · contribs)
- TXSGtrooper (talk · contribs)
- Willy LoMein (talk · contribs)
- Son of Berk's Dog (talk · contribs)
- The Reel World (talk · contribs)
- CubanBaseball (talk · contribs)
- Jasper Texas Drag Racing (talk · contribs)
- 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs)
He uses the most major dial-up ISP in the territory, hence blocking them or individual IPs will result in collateral damage to most of Gibraltar. Keep the blocks short: Enough to make him impatient to re-dial-up. Also note that Gibnews (talk · contribs), is legitimate. A history of the IPs he's used may be seen here., which is occasionally used only by
Comments made by Gibraltarian may be signed "Gibraltarian": (Example).
His purview is mostly the following, and can be identified by extreme POV edits:
- Recent May 2007 examples
- 220.127.116.11 contribs - May 17 (UTC)
- 18.104.22.168 contribs - May 19 (UTC)
- 22.214.171.124 contribs - May 20 (UTC)
- 126.96.36.199 contribs - May 20 (UTC)
- 188.8.131.52 contribs - May 21 (UTC)
SpongeBob/The Shining vandal
- All clearly the same person. This anon keeps adding nonsense "trivia" to articles and promoting false information, especially concerning a hoax SpongeBob SquarePants episode called "The Shining". All attempts to communicate, including many blocks, with this anon have failed, and the anon refuses to abide by wikipedia policy by removing AfD notices and refusal to cooperate with others in editing. This user lurks Disney, Pokémon, and SpongeBob articles, and is easily noticed by reversal to his own edits. --Apostrophe 04:56, 3 December 2005 (UTC)
- I believe this vandal is far more prolific, ive seen similar IPs adding to various episode lists like the simpsons and the fairly odd parents usually adding fake episodes he wishes were real or screaming for the page to be unlocked to anon editing. Discordance 18:26, 4 February 2006 (UTC)
- He's moved on from his SpongeBob version of The Shining, but is still fixated on Brother Bear and SpongeBob; lately he's been hitting Bill Fagerbakke, Brother Bear, List of Disney animated features and List of notable Disney feature films (adding unreleased films), List of SpongeBob SquarePants episodes, and Zathura tregoweth 04:02, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
- This vandal reminds me of 184.108.40.206 , or as I like to call him/her/it 'The Cartoon Network Vandal'. They have the same style of attack, and are both persistent in their vandalism. Lately, 220.127.116.11 has been hitting The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Zatch Bell!, Codename: Kids Next Door, Chibi-Robo!: Plug Into Adventure!, and Happy Tree Friends. I would also like to note that this user vandalizes the userpage(s) of anyone who posts on their talk page, my own userpage included. -- PinkDeoxys 18:56, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
- Proof has arrived! Look at the contributions of 18.104.22.168 . Now look at the contributions of 22.214.171.124 . Finally, look at the contributions of 126.96.36.199 . There isn't anything to guarantee that these are all the Shining Vandal, but according to what I have found, they all seem to go after the same articles and have the same method of attack. -- PinkDeoxys 21:20, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
- The Cartoon Network vandal returned recently. Look at 188.8.131.52 . The user has been blocked for six months because it is a sock puppet of 184.108.40.206 . Squirepants101 21:42, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
- A user named Uytku (talk · contribs) made many vandal edits to the List of experiments from Lilo & Stitch on January 1st, claiming that the characters appeared in SpongeBob Squarepants episodes, and also as puppets in The Muppets and Sesame Street. I remember seeing this same vandalism on the page earlier in December with a different account (this account was only used on the 1st). Could it be the same person? Miriam The Bat 09:28, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Followers of a self-styled god named Sollog frequently vandalise the Wikipedia. They at one point had a website at http://www.wikipediasucks.com.
Articles regularly hit up on are:
- And articles linked to from the Main Page.
Sockpuppets / Meatpuppets of Sollog will usually make themselves known by invoking the name of Sollog or linking to the aforementioned site or http://www.247news.net/2004/20041211-wikipedia.shtml, also sharing a similar writing style, using UPPER CASE for emphasis. See Talk:Sollog for information on their past behavior. An example of Sollog vandalism can be seen in this edit to Henry VIII of England:
In the past the following proxies have been used:
- — At a Kinkos.
- — At a Starbucks possibly, used by T-Mobile.
- http://www.surffreedom.com/ — An open proxy from
- As well as others from public libraries, public wifi networks, and open proxies.
After being banned six months by the Arbitration Committee for POV-pushing on Terrorism and related pages, personal attacks (including a racial slur ), and unwillingness to cooperate with his fellow editors, he created multitudes of sockpuppets to circumvent his ban, which has been reset several times. --TML1988 21:39, 27 March 2006 (UTC)
Frequently, he will upload an image. It can either be a strange one that he created, or just a random one that he swiped from the web. He also creates sockpuppets and uploads images to Wikipedia Commons. (See , , , ). They're all Zephram sockpuppets, many of the same images have been deleted from Wikipedia. If anyone uses any of these images here, he is most likely a sockpuppet. For example War on Sockpuppetism. --JW1805 (Talk) 17:02, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
Currently identified sockpuppets:
Articles to watch (and associated talk pages):
- TheKoG (talk|contribs) 13:32, 10 May 2006 (UTC)
seems to create multiple sockpuppets with usernames Krabs5**. Creates articles with dubious validity and inserts uncited (most likely hoax) information into articles. Attempts to contact the user have failed since whenever one username gets warned the user just creates another one to continue editing in the same manner. Most used account seems to be and the most recent is . Krabs520 removed an AFD tag from an article Krabs514 created. --
- Krabs502 just tried to remove the AFD off of the same article (The Girl Who Turned to Stone (video game)) again. Has created yet another hoax article (The Smallest People in the World (video game)). --TheKoG (talk|contribs) 18:47, 10 May 2006 (UTC)
- I might as well note his IP address Oakster (Talk) 15:36, 11 May 2006 (UTC) , which he also makes similar hoax edits under. --
- Continued vandalism of this kind from Krabs and associated socks, most recently User:Krabs600. Kaisershatner 15:47, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- See , and  Kaisershatner 15:48, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- Why isn't this guy blocked at all? Any real edit he makes is drowned by the dozens of vandalistic ones he makes. - Hahnch e n 18:15, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
- Update, July 2007, the hoax edits have continued for the past year, particularly concerning WWE, Bratz, and EA Games, and an indefinite block has now been placed on the underlying IP 220.127.116.11. ANI report. -- zzuuzz (talk) 19:10, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- Why isn't this guy blocked at all? Any real edit he makes is drowned by the dozens of vandalistic ones he makes. - Hahnch e n 18:15, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
- useful links:
- Category:Wikipedia sockpuppets of 18.104.22.168
- Wikipedia:Suspected sock puppets/22.214.171.124
- Wikipedia:Suspected sock puppets/126.96.36.199 (2nd)
- Wikipedia:Suspected sock puppets/188.8.131.52 (4th) (inconclusive)
- Wikipedia:Suspected sock puppets/184.108.40.206 (5th)
- * Latest account is Buckcherry91, previous account to this was Princess34: Now editing High School Musical related subjects as well. Seems to also edit Spanish related articles. Strongsauce (talk) 01:36, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- * New account: Strongsauce21 Strongsauce (talk) 01:46, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
User:Hryun (D.A. Arbatsky vandal)
User has declared a "war" against Wikipedia because it did not allow the article on a purported scientific theory of Dmitri Arbatsky (who is probably the vandal) to survive. As such has created many single-edit sockpuppets and has made various edits to quantum physics articles, many of them intentional vandalism (inserting incorrect statements, moving or deleting sections) or variations of self-promotion spam. See Category:Suspected Wikipedia sockpuppets of Hryun for a list of them. They all have very similarly uninventive names and usually link to a diff of his declared "war" on Wikipedia, lord knows why. It would be great if we could assess whether or not the ISP, who is obviously assigning dynamic IPs, is worth contacting or just worth blocking alltogether. --Fastfission 00:08, 17 June 2006 (UTC)
Unemployed, living in basement, aka Brando(n)03, aka Louisville Vandal
User:Chris24, his name is Jxxxxxx Bxxxxxx Mxxxxx.is a troll account which was indefinely blocked for repeated vandalism. He attempts to harass users who deal with his trollery by vandalising their user and user talk pages (Including using malicious redirects) and creating fraudulent impostor usernames and attempting to ruin their reputation. He has also made homophobic vandalisms against gay users. According to
He's still vandalising and spamming. Hopefully the following information will help catch him:
- His name is Jxxxxxx B. Mxxxxx and he attends the University of Louisville http://louisville.edu/~jbmxxxxx/
A user has been repeatedly attacking articles related to Furry fandom, Therianthropy and Otherkin. The user violates WP:HA. The vandalism often involves insults aimed at these various subsultures and/or bad-faith merge requests. The vandalism also involves user page vandalism, hate speech, and is not just blanking.
Since August 24, attacks on this group of pages are still being observed, but if they are from the same editor, the MO may be taking a turn for the more subtle. Rather than delete entire sections or add merge requests, recent attacks have been single sentences or even single words, continuing the pattern of WP:HA, but from accounts not flaunting an obvious connection with TFV. These may be unrelated incidents, but I would caution editors to keep a close eye out regardless. Baxil 09:07, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
IP Addresses for this vandal
This user is also vandalizing OtherkinCommunity.net, going under the name of TFV and TFV 2 (re-registered after banned). He has used the following IP addresses when posting in the forums:
Asian fetish vandal
User logs in from a randomized German IP 80.138.x.x to post racist, anti-semitic, and sexist material under the rubric of "anthropology." Uses white supremacist sources. Most notorious for persistent vandalism to Asian fetish. Also attacks Beethoven, Racial fetishism, Anti-relativity (Deleted), Mongoloid, Special relativity, Anthropology, Virago and possibly other pages. Insults other editors based on assumptions about their gender, religion, or ethnic background. Banning is impractical due to the range of IP addresses used.
Original report: User:Durova
January through March 2006 addresses used:
Returned in 4/2007:
"The Blasphemy Guy"
This person repeatedly vandalizes the dinosaur article by blanking it and replacing it with a Young-Earth fundamentalist Christian creed that states that dinosaurs did not exist. An example of this can be seen here. He or she also makes personal attacks against reverters; for example:  .
Some IPs used:
He or she may also hit articles relating to Islam.
- AOL Europe IPs according to whois. Abuse report in order? —Crazytales (t.) 12:54, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- I don't know, I haven't seen them attack lately, probably because that articel has been protected for probably close to half a year. I suggest that this be removed soon barring future developments; this, now that I look at it, would've been better there in the first place! 220.127.116.11 19:02, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
The Middle East Conflict Man
Socialism, as well as making inflammatory/vandalistic edits to various other socialism-related articles. As of late July 2006 he has 50 suspected sockpuppets. Blocks on his IP are apparently ineffective., indefinitely banned from three Wikipedias (English and both Norwegians), uses numerous sockpuppets to make a highly POV edit to
The sockpuppets variously claim to be from two different people: given their similar behaviour, they may be treated as one entity in accordance with Arbitration Committee rulings
Banned user persistently returning using revolving IPs in the 84.9.x.x and 87.75.x.x range. This user uses the edit summary "revert vandalism" or "rvv".
Iglesia ni Cristo related articles for one year from August 21, 2005 (provided he doesn't violate his parole) by the arbitration comittee: Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Emico. He has not honored that decision and continues to cause disruption at the article and users involved with his ArbCom hearing. Emico is also believed to be using proxys to evade blocks, making it nearly impossible to confirm using checkuser functionality. A member of the Arbitration Comittee has declared explicitly that Emico's edits and edits edits of suspected sockpuppets may be reverted "without comment": was banned from editing
The following is a list of editing patterns which are common with Emico and his sockpuppets:
- Posts only at Iglesia ni Cristo and its related articles.
- Personal attacks or negative opinions aimed the contributers who are against him (mostly the ones who have participated in his ArbCom hearing). This includes, but is not limited to, comments about contributers' past policy violations or/and lack of knowlege of the subject matter.
- New usernames where the majority of contributions are of the above point.
- Posts coming from proxy addresses. A checkuser result has proven Emico posts from different IPs from all over the world.
- Article edits which are nearly identical to Emico's initial edit pattern, which is explained at Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Emico.
- Insult usernames which parodies current contributers' screen names (eg User:Starbucks, User:LenlenBunting)
- Massive ommisions of sourced content which are critical of the Church.
- Use of sockpuppets (See Category:Suspected Wikipedia sockpuppets of Emico and Category:Wikipedia sockpuppets of Emico)
- Use of open proxies
Nokhc / aluminium, sulfur
Nokhc is a vandal who attacks articles with unsourced comments and outright bias. His main targets are aluminium and sulfur, where he claims that the spellings are "a vulgar error that should not be perpetuated" and "a ridiculous spelling", respectively. He also seems to be homophobic (per this edit) and misogynistic (per this). He may be " ".
Userpage vandalism and personal attacks, signs himself as User:Nokhc (indef blocked). IPs used:
- 18.104.22.168 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 22.214.171.124 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 126.96.36.199 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 188.8.131.52 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 184.108.40.206 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 220.127.116.11 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 18.104.22.168 - Minnesota State University System, MN, USA
- 22.214.171.124 - Comcast Cable Communications Holdings, Inc. MINNESOTA-1
- 126.96.36.199 - Comcast Cable Communications Holdings, Inc. MINNESOTA-1
Creates one-time socks: User:Diched, User:Dichead, User:RESURGAM, User:V----l Sch----l, User:Dududuh, User:Duh duh duh, User:Not the duke of Devonshire, User:Master of the prick, User:TICK TOCK, User:DINGGGGG!, User:At the speed of light, User:Wikipedia is immoral, User:Porud!!!
- 188.8.131.52 (shared Los Angeles school IP; used by other vandals and legitimate editors)
Since late May 2006, this user has vandalized several articles related to The Walt Disney Company, Barney & Friends and Public Broadcasting Service. Occasional targets include articles related to The Simpsons and The Land Before Time, along with miscellaneous television and media topics. His/her modus operandi is to introduce inaccuracies and bad formatting, much of it subtle to inexperienced users or those who know little about either subject. Edits from all IPs are identical, so it's virtually certain they are operated by the same user.
Articles frequented by this user include:
- The Reluctant Dragon and Pete's Dragon. She/he also removes explanatory notes from the list, removes verified future films and introduces a no-longer-accurate claim that Disney will never produce another traditionally animated feature film: , , . In the past, the vandal has removed information on feature film premieres:  : Fans of Disney animated films know there is an "official canon", and that not all Disney films are part of it, including live action films combined with animation, direct-to-video films and films distributed but not produced by Disney. This user continually adds two live-action films that include animation to the "official canon" list:
- : removes entries from the list of Touchstone films, removes a perfectly good image and changes good links to disambiguation links
Barney and PBS articles:
- ,  : Makes changes that compromise this page's accuracy; removes videos from the list:
- Episodes of Barney & Friends
- adds Sesame Street information to Barney & Friends episodes. Make make some edits that look believable but then makes these edits ,
Original report by clearthought Sept 2006
Seems to always vandalize Reuters, Agence France-Presse, Associated Press the most (sometimes other news and non-news articles too), as well as making personal and vile attacks against users. Always reverts the reverts people do to his/her (Enlighter1's) vandalism by saying something like "rv vandalism" or "I am not the real vandal" in the edit summary. Has edits and actions aforementioned consistent to all of this users IP and registered user sock puppets. Also, when registering a username, tends to have the name end in "1" or have something to do with "AllPowerful" or "AllKnowing". A vandal profile page keeping an eye on this vandal is needed (like what has been done with the 'communism' and 'on wheels' vandals, but obviously not as serious). I myself, and others, have spent much time trying to take care of this vandal, so I think that the Wikipedia community — as well as admins who can actually do something when help is needed — should be made known to this new serial vandal. Still very active 30.11.2006:  activity includes "archiving" aka blanking of larger talkpages as well as targeting specific talkpages. See    for typical patterns. Often uses webproxies - some open - some backslashing.
- Has disrupted IRC numerous times. Works from a Chello isp in austria apparently. He's banned from many Wikimedia IRC channels. I'm at school atm so I can't look up his static IP in the ban list. ~Crazytales (IP locations!) 13:39, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
This vandal uses similarly named sockpuppets to vandalize. His edits follow few, set patterns. Their vandalisms are usually written in "AOL speak" or just poorly spelled. For the most part, they're trollish posts attacking evolution and users they think are "evilutionists" sic.
Galatasaray, etc POV pushers
Galatasaray and some other Turkish football articles are repeatedly hit on by an IP-hopping, sockpuppeting vandal who will engage in midless reverts of these pages to "their" version regardless of the differences. When partially protected, this vandal uses sockpuppets such as and to perpetrate the same reversions.
A sampling of IPs used by this vandal will show their typical MO: , , , and
Most vandalic edits involve "Turkifying" Galatasaray or other clubs by removing lists of foreign coaches. They also add unsourced conjectures ("X'll be coach of Galatasaray next year", etc.) and removing dispute tags calling attention to their unsourced assertions.
Administratorhas been helping out with dealing with this vandal, concerns (New sockpuppets, etc) sent to him may be understood more quickly.
An AOL user has been using AOL's proxies to persistently revert two articles (one of which was moved to a new name). Their edits are always exactly the same; replacing the entire article with an old version that they wrote in a bot-like fashion. They could easily be countered by a bot that watched the page and looked for their signature edit. Page protection logs (due entirely to this vandal): Lifter (now entitled Ionocraft), Biefeld – Brown effect — Omegatron 19:15, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
Operating from the main account called this post) JINXTENGU is also being reported at Wikipedia:Suspected sock puppets/JINXTENGU and this check user report caused one of the static IPs to be blocked for a month. This user has also claimed to have written a program specifically aiming to create large amounts of sockpuppet accounts to override bans (see this).this vandalizer persistently launches personal attacks, creates a large amount of malicious sock puppets, creates imposter/spoof accounts, and many of his accounts have been blocked but one in particular was blocked for issuing a death threat (see
Their sockpuppets can be seen at: category:Suspected_Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_JINXTENGU. Note that and are both attacks on User:Persian Poet Gal.
The following is a list of diff pages tracking some of his vandalism/personal attacks throughout 2006:
- 15- Death threat which got blocked indefinitely.
Joan of Arc vandal
This vandal edits Joan of Arc, homosexuality, cross-dressing, Catholicism and related articles, particularly on topics where these interests intersect. Uses AOL (64.12.116.x, 152.163.100.x, 205.188.11x.x) and sockpuppets.
This vandal alters pages toward a devoutly Catholic, anti-homosexual POV. Favored methods include deletion of cited material, deceptive edit summaries, and edit warring. Sometimes engages in lengthy talk page debates; at other times avoids talk pages and conducts disputes through edit summaries. Has been known to add inaccurate statements to cited passages, degrade existing footnotes, and fabricate fraudulent citations. Deletes material from talk pages. Has created at least one account to impersonate an established editor. Highly persistent vandal can read sources in French and attempts to mask destructive activity as legitimate editing disputes. Active since October 2004.
On 16 December 2006 User:AWilliamson was community banned as the (dormant) sockmaster of this sockfarm. Sockpuppets have also been banned although new and unidentified socks may remain active.
Original report by User:Durova.
The name vandal
- Modus operandi/analysis
IP (184.108.40.206/18) add one after another unsourced/false first & middle names,mostly in professional wrestlers    /Football articles    , Googling shows no results verifying users edits with rare exceptions., the vandal will sometimes revert own earlier vandalism when someone discovers his activities; an example: (vandalism another user removes fictionalize middle name the vandal will later add the true middle name back), will also engage in blatant vandalism in articles     and on user pages.
- 220.127.116.11 July 28-29
- 18.104.22.168 August 22
- 22.214.171.124 August 24-25
- 126.96.36.199 August 26
- 188.8.131.52 August 28-29
- 184.108.40.206 September 3-4
- 220.127.116.11 September 15
- 18.104.22.168 September 17-18
- 22.214.171.124 September 19
- 126.96.36.199 September 20-21
- 188.8.131.52 September 23
- 184.108.40.206 September 24
- 220.127.116.11 September 29
- 18.104.22.168 September 30
- 22.214.171.124 October 3-4
- 126.96.36.199 October 15
- 188.8.131.52 October 18
- 184.108.40.206 October 21
- 220.127.116.11 October 22
- 18.104.22.168 October 23
- 22.214.171.124 October 27
- 126.96.36.199 October 28
- 188.8.131.52 October 29-30
- 184.108.40.206 November 2
- 220.127.116.11 November 3-7
- 18.104.22.168 November 10
- 22.214.171.124 November 10-14
- 126.96.36.199 November 15-17
- 188.8.131.52 November 19-20
- 184.108.40.206 November 20-21
- 220.127.116.11 November 22-23
- 18.104.22.168 November 28-29
- 22.214.171.124 November 30-December 3
- 126.96.36.199 December 7-9
- 188.8.131.52 December 10
" you wikipedia assholes think u can stop me ha ha ha ha ha"  insulting a sysop  - Sirex98 16:06, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
User:Kermanshahi long term vandalism (found here on this page)
The complete wikipedia-nl file on this group of schoolboys from The Netherlands including all used IP-addies can now be found here. All accounts have been blocked indefinitely and the two home IP-numbers and the school I-number have been blocked for a year. The text says in translation"The following user accounts and IP-addresses, the Multiple Personality Spammer" belong to pupils of a Dutch secondary school, Maartenscollege. Their names are known with Wikipedia. From these accounts many dubious edits have been done and communication with themselves as well." We traced with userchecks and comparing edits all sockpuppets and hopefully now the problems with us have ended. Hopes this may help you since I saw the sillyness continues at wiki-en. If more information is needed feel free to contact me on my Dutch talk page. This affair has cost several administrators a lot of work. Best wishes, MoiraMoira 17:57, 15 August 2007 (UTC) (administrator and bureaucrat on Wikipedia-nl)
- New user names added in april 2008. Please compare the names with our list of accounts and IP-addies since the affair is not over yet alas. The complete listing of this group of teenagers can be found here MoiraMoira (talk) 08:05, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
An FYI. There's an odd persistent vandal, sockpuppets whose habit is to insert seemingly misguided "ant-vandalism" comments in random articles, using a highly stylized southern U.S. accent. He plays the "just trying to help" and "I don't understand why you don't like me" games, but has also started scoreboarding his vandalism (see Example 1, Example 2). I've asked for full protect on the user and user talk pages this vandal can edit, to stop the scoreboarding. I mention the guy here:and
- to alert a wider range of admins, since he plays the naive user game very well
- to inquire if there's more that can be done
I'm not an admin and don't know all the tools you guys have for squashing vandalism. Studerby 19:56, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
The vandal creates accounts with the name "ClamJumper _" (a common name such as "Bob" or "Dan") and occasionally uses a different prefix such as "Whiskey" or "Cactus". He mainly vandalizes articles related to alcohol or the Old West (e.g. ghost town"; American Old West) by inserting messages similar to the following as embedded text:
- Howdy y'all, Claim Jumper Pete here. Jus' thought I'd stop by and tell ya not to vandalize this page, it just ain't right! Try to put somethin' nice, it works so much better, and y'all will feel all warm 'n fuzzy inside. Well, 'am done here, happy editin
The latest twist is adding the comments as hidden text e.g.
- To note, one of his socks dropped , which appears to be a free YaBB forum he set up. Nwwaew (Talk Page) (Contribs) (E-mail me) 20:37, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Universe Today and sockpuppet-SPAMmers
- 184.108.40.206 and continually adding links to commercial website. 220.127.116.11 has almost one hundred edits going back to 24 October 2005, all adding the same link to multiple articles. He has been blocked four times. Check for new spammers by using . Original report by User:Ideogram.
- This entry was blanked by a user from 18.104.22.168 . Like the previous case, this IP resolves to a host in Malaysia, suggesting that the spammer may have been trying (clumsily) to cover his/her tracks. -Loren 04:08, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
- 22.214.171.124 This and other IPs constantly vandalise articles and categories relating to pornography, or Russia, with some variation of this edit.
Car and Ringtone Spammer
User keeps adding external links to his car website or ringtone/phone website, which only contains Wikipedia information (directly copied with no credit given to Wikimedia) and sponsored adverts. The links appear on many 'car' pages such as those of Aston Martin, Mercedes Benz, Land Rover etc (in the external links section). Spamming has continued to this day, despite a 24 hour ban by user RadioKirk. 50+ articles have had links added, some have now been removed be me and others, but he is persistent...
- Using wikipedia to try to sell dogs, got final warning twice, still came back and spammed.
Datasheet serial spammer
Not surprizingly this spammer hits the Datasheet page (history) and others related to electronics. The original URL (datasheet4u.com) was banned on Meta, but recently mirrors have sprung up, requiring the page to be kept under nearly constant protection.
- COIBot user report: Wikipedia:WikiProject_Spam/UserReports/126.96.36.199
Anonymous IPs with similar IP numbers have persistently added links to the Socialist Party USA website and the wikipedia page on the organisation. These links number in the hundreds to any article on a social issue, such as black power, and re-adds the links repeatedly after they've been reverted by other editors. They are usually in the "see also" and "external links section, but sometimes, the same editor removes content critical of the SPUSA, or adds links in the body of the article (e.g. this diff, this diff and this diff). Occasionally these links may be considered legitimate, but the vast majority are things like "the SPUSA cares about this issue too" (e.g. this diff). It's hard to tell if they are honestly trying to promote the group or turn people against it! The editor/s have used the the following IP addresses, among others:
- 188.8.131.52 (talk · contribs)
- 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs)
- 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs)
- 18.104.22.168 (talk · contribs)
- 22.214.171.124 (talk · contribs)
- 126.96.36.199 (talk · contribs)
- 188.8.131.52 (talk · contribs)
- 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs)
- 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs)
- 18.104.22.168 (talk · contribs)
- 22.214.171.124 (talk · contribs)
- 126.96.36.199 (talk · contribs)
All IPs in their home range belong to dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net. To avoid unnecessary collateral damage by blocking IP addresses they've no access to, the following split ranges were found to cover only the IPs they can use:
- 188.8.131.52/18 his main range; collateral: ~ 2 constructive IP users/week
- 184.108.40.206/22 collateral: ~ 1 constructive IP user/month
- 220.127.116.11/22 18.104.22.168/24 + 22.214.171.124/24's IP edits almost exclusively from this vandal; other IPs in this range were used in July but not recently
- 126.96.36.199 — 188.8.131.52 (= 184.108.40.206/23 + 220.127.116.11/21 + 18.104.22.168/22) also belong to dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net, but don't seem to be used by the vandal to date
- 22.214.171.124/22 collateral: ~ 1 constructive IP user/month
Note that because they are inserting a phone number the IP's may appear to have no edits. Check the deleted contributions, but most edits have been oversighted.