|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.|
|May 2015 +/-|
|NYC Writing and Righting History||May 1, 2015|
|London 93||May 10, 2015|
|Cambridge 27||May 16, 2015|
|Oxford 28||May 17, 2015|
|Berlin meeting during Wikimedia Conf||May 18, 2015|
|Liverpool 15||May 24, 2015|
|Brattleboro, VT 1||May 24, 2015?|
|Seattle, WA||May 25, 2015|
|Cape Town 8||May 30, 2015|
|June 2015 +/-|
|Irish Women in STEM||June 4, 2015|
|Art+Feminism - Long Island City edition||June 13, 2015|
|York 2||June 14, 2015|
|San Diego||June 14, 2015|
|London 94||June 14, 2015|
|Oxford 29||June 21, 2015|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
The Wikipedia Mumbai meetup is a monthly get-together of wikipedians (contributors and users) to meet up, discuss, share experiences, reach out and advocate for wikipedia and wikimedia.
As discussed in the Wikipedia:Meetup/Mumbai/Mumbai1 in September,2010, Wikipedians in Mumbai & Suburbs will meet up at least once every month. The meetups are intended to be structured as follows —Introductions, a few focused talks by Wikipedians to share experience / expertise followed by demos and open discussions on topics of common interest.
Pre-Meeting discussions can be on the talk page please.
Date and Venue
Date: : Sunday, 10-October-2010 4:00 PM IST
Anyone interested in Wikipedia (user, contributor or curious about it). Wikipedians from any part of India or the world and anyone who is interested in Wikipedia! Meetup is open to members of all Wikimedia projects and Wikipedians from all languages. All are welcome, and we are especially interested in seeing newcomers to join the experienced Wikipedians/Wikimedians. If you are interested in coming, please add your name below.
- By Train:
- It is at walking distance from Kharghar Railway Station on Harbour line.
- By Bus:
- From Borivali,Andheri,Bandra, Dadar, Chembur, Thane, Vashi direct AC or Non AC buses of BEST / NMMT are available for Kharghar.
- Meet and connect: Introductions by Wikipedians.
- Remote Connect Skype bridge with Bangalore meetup participants
- Networking & Snacks
- Kundan Amitabh (User:Angpradesh)(talk)
- Ashwin Baindur or User:AshLin (talk)
- Moksh Juneja ([[User:Mokshjuneja) (talk)
- Shailendra Mohan
- Diwakar Srivastava
- Yohan Mathew (User:Y not math)(talk)
- Madhuri Singh
- Tania Juneja
- Rajni Prakash
Interested but not attended
- Prad2609 (talk) 15:25, 28 September 2010 (UTC)Pradeep Mohandas. Things will get clear after October 5, 2010.
- Joy1963 Talk 05:15, 30 September 2010 (UTC) Jayanta Bhattacharya. I will try my best to attend, but still not sure.
- User:chirag64(@Chirag64), MCA Student at MU
- Nikhita Dingwani
- Mustafa Sidhwa
- Nagesha Madapura
- Awadh Naresh Kumar
- Gopish Prasad
Please list external links announcing the meet-up here.
Please list post meeting coverages here.
- Introduction to Wikipedia for newbies.
- The advantages of registering.
- The rationale for "free" images.
- Discussion on permissions and authority of the registered Wikipedia user
- Why Wikipedians edit.
- User:Angpradesh was kind of introduce and explain Wikipedia:Five pillars
- Angika - a little known language, now an Indian language wikipedia of its own - a complete awesome.
- Bigg Boss on Wikipedia.
- Join WikiProject India.
- The different forms of citations and the importance of citations on Wikipedia
- Lament of so few making it to Kharghar - is this the fate of Wiki Meetups?
Tweet with #WPMMU2 twitter hashtag http://twitter.com/#!/search/wpmmu2
Please list coverage of this event by media here.
Please upload to commons and add category Commons:Category:Mumbai Meetup Oct2010