From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|July 2014 +/-|
|The Great American Wiknic||July 6, 2014|
|London 83||July 13, 2014|
|3rd New England General Meeting||July 19, 2014|
|Oxford 18||July 20, 2014|
|Manchester 24||July 26, 2014|
|August 2014 +/-|
|London 84||August 8, 2014-August 10, 2014|
|Liverpool 13||August 23, 2014|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
Who should come? You should. Really.
If you are interested in Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects, regardless of your level of experience or involvement, or if you are otherwise involved in with free content you are invited and welcome.
What, Where, When, and How?
- For 2007-2008 discussion, see Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Chicago 3.
- I'm setting aside a session at eChicago for a Wikipedia meetup. (Past eChicagos: http://echicago.illinois.edu.) Lots of Wikipedia users and even some contributors at eChicago. This year:
- eChicago 2010: Seizing the Broadband Moment
- Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1
- UIC Student Center West, 828 S. Wolcott, Medical District stop on Blue Line
Definite / Planning on it / Likely
- — Dan | talk 18:19, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- --TonyTheTiger (t/c/bio/WP:CHICAGO/WP:LOTM) 18:31, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- — Tedernst | talk 18:51, 1 August 2008 (UTC) (also Aug 13 is a Chicago WikiWednesday)
- As long as it's a weekend and grades aren't due. Fishal (talk) 03:50, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'd love to come! —/Mendaliv/2¢/Δ's/ 05:55, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Depends on scheduling, since I'll have to find a way up from St. Louis. - Jredmond (talk) 19:00, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Depends on the date; the later in August the better. Mackensen (talk) 19:52, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Only if held after late September, so probably not. Gimme danger (talk) 20:33, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Depending on scheduling, I'd be interested. Anything between August 10-20 would be bad for me. Other dates I should be able to negociate. Ameriquedialectics 21:46, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yah, I might be interested in a September meet-up. August is Hurricane season, so things are wacky in my office. And, as everyone knows, wackiness ensues. - Arcayne (cast a spell) 02:27, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- If it's after the first weekend in September, I might be able to make it (coming from Nashville; I can pick up anyone along the way if they chip in for gas), but I'm busy all August (I'm stage managing a show that opened last night, and then I'm doing house management for the Nashville Shakespeare Festival). Doesn't look like that's when it'll be happening, but I still thought I'd put myself in the "maybe" camp. EVula // talk // ☯ // 19:15, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'm also in the "maybe" camp if it's after August. I will only be in Chicago from August 31 through September 14; after that, I'll be studying in Thessaloniki, Greece until January. GlassCobra 01:45, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Depending on what day. KyuuA4 (talk) 04:56, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- New to the Chicago area, but would be glad to attend, depending on date and location. Ourai тʃс 21:53, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe, but right now it's looking pretty dim. RockManQReview me 23:29, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- Weekend only, but I'd have to come up from StL. Tim Vickers (talk) 22:21, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Possibly, it just depends on when and where it will be. --Bsadowski1 02:11, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
Nope, but let me know about future Wikipedia Meetups around Chicago
- Sorry, hopefully another time. Tom Harrison Talk 17:43, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I'll be out of town, back at school. StarsTrainsAndRandomThings (talk) 17:50, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I won't yet be back at school. Cool Hand Luke 03:41, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
- Love to get involved.... Sadly it's the holidays, so I won't do it this time.... Wjmummert (KA-BOOOOM!!!!) 21:40, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
How can I help?
- Whether or not you can come, you can still encourage other available people to attend.
- If you're driving and can offer a ride, please say so.