The 30th New York City Meetup event was held on Saturday, August 20, 2011 at Jefferson Market Library in Lower Manhattan.
What, Where, When, and How?
There is one public meeting in the afternoon at Jefferson Market Library, where we take further steps to organize the Wikimedia New York City local chapter, and provide a salon-style forum for discussion of Wikipedia and Wikimedia issues.
Additionally, there is an optional post-meeting dinner at a neighborhood restaurant.
Main public meeting
(to discuss Wikipedia issues and Wikimedia NYC chapter issues):
- Jefferson Market Library, 425 Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave). 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM on Saturday, August 20, 2011.
Optional post-meeting meetup
- Meetup at Jefferson Market Library, and then walk together to a neighborhood restaurant, probably Sammy's Noodle. 5:00 PM onwards.
Late arrival info and Transportation
If you plan on arriving late, and are concerned about not finding your way to the group, you can drop your mobile phone number ahead of time at Special:Emailuser/Pharos (e-mail will not be able to be checked during the actual meetup time; leave requests ahead of time).
Nearby subway stations:
Bring your own ideas!
- Follow-up on ideas raised at recent wiki-events
- Chapter business
- Wikimedia NYC chapter wiki and social media outreach
- WikiProject Museum of Modern Art, MoMA tour/edit-a-thon around Talk to Me: Design and the Communication between People and Objects in late September
- Wikipedia:Academy upcoming at METRO New York Library Council
- Wikipedia Campus Ambassadors program
- Wikipedia Loves Libraries in October
- Future meetup venues and schedule?
- Other suggestions for projects?
- Speakers and roundtable discussions
- Pharos (talk) 21:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)-
- Jeremyb (talk) 21:33, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Blurpeace 03:49, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- David Shankbone 04:51, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 15:07, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Daniel Case (talk) 22:35, 19 August 2011 (UTC)
- DGG ( talk ) 02:09, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe. I do want to see what may be the last NASCAR race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve that afternoon, so I may skip this for that reason alone.Mitch32(Can someone turn on the damn air conditioning?) 21:32, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- LiteralKa (talk) 21:33, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
I might have a conflict; I'll update this when I find out. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 23:32, 27 July 2011 (UTC) Possibly. Depends on my recovery time from Wikimania. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 23:34, 27 July 2011 (UTC)Not gonna make it this time around. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 02:07, 20 August 2011 (UTC) Hope to make it, but I may be out of town that part of August. Should know soon. Newyorkbrad (talk) 12:47, 28 July 2011 (UTC) Will see how this works with a potentially complicated schedule.It's a go. Daniel Case (talk) 04:51, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- Will be on another continent. T. Canens (talk) 00:55, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Will be in Florida along with Rob. GChriss <always listening><c> 21:58, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Out of town this weekend, again, alas. I hope to see everyone soon. Newyorkbrad (talk) 15:51, 19 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I can't make it. Family thing. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 02:02, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry I won't be able to make it. Will try for the next one. I can only attend on a weekday. amritadh
- Generally can't make many Saturday meetings during the summers. — Becksguy (talk) 07:25, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, have other plans. Sumanah (talk) 19:48, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
Attendees of record
- Wikipedians/Wikimedians, from the sign-up sheet.