- Brooklyn Museum. 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM (meetup at 5:00 PM at Brooklyn Museum grand front entrance, by the trees)
Please check out the First Saturday schedule for the evening of December 4 (below), and we'll probably also spend some time in the museum cafe.
A particular highlight for the wiki crowd will be Seductive Subversion: Women Pop Artists, 1958–1968, and the accompanying WikiPop project.
It might also be fun for individual Wikipedians to sign up to lead the group on a few tours of the galleries (Egyptian Art, Feminist Art, etc) they feel sufficiently know-it-alls about :P
Some First Saturday evening events we might attend:
- Music 5–7 p.m. - Canadian rock star Carole Pope sings alternative New Wave rock.
- Film 5:30 p.m. - Frida (Julie Taymor, 2002, 123 min., R)
- Performance 6–7 p.m. - Performance artist and comedian Shelly Mars presents her solo multimedia work Homo Bonobo.
- Hands-On Art 6:30–8:30 p.m. - Create a found-object sculpture inspired by the Pop art of Joyce Wieland.
- Curator Talk 7 p.m. - Curator of Contemporary Art Eugenie Tsai on the work of Fred Tomaselli.
- Young Voices Talk 8 p.m. - Student Guides on Seductive Subversion: Women Pop Artists, 1958–1968.
- Dance Party 8–10 p.m. - DJ Laylo hosts a party highlighting the divas of hip-hop and soul.
- Book Club 9 p.m. - Brooklyn-based graphic novelist Misako Rocks discusses her most recent book, Detective Jermain.
- Performance 9–10 p.m. - Brooklyn-based video-performance collaborative CHERYL hosts.
- Late Night in the Galleries 10–11 p.m. - All Galleries Open.
Late arrival info and Transportation
If you plan on arriving late, and are concerned about not finding your way to the group, you can drop your mobile phone number ahead of time at Special:Emailuser/Pharos (e-mail will not be able to be checked during the actual meetup time; leave requests ahead of time).
Nearby subway stations:
- Pharos (talk) 17:01, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- Jeremyb (talk) 15:29, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 23:28, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Daedalus042 (talk) 23:56, 26 November 2010 (UTC) (Though it's likely that I'll have to cut out around 7pm, unfortunately.)
- Yup. keɪɑtɪk flʌfi (talk) 04:01, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 21:24, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Looks like fun.[seɪ̯bɹ̝bæɾɫ̩taŋk] (talk) 22:28, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yup Jalexander--WMF 05:15, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- I do, apparently. Blurpeace 18:58, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- The art of my dad wanting to go to Hackensack tommorrow, will be there ;) Mitch32(Transportation Historian) 19:45, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
It depends on whether I'll have enough energy after my exam in World History. Blurpeace 18:06, 25 November 2010 (UTC) I might come for RHOK and the meetup. --Aude (talk) 01:55, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
- Theornamentalist (talk) 04:47, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
T. Canens (talk) 21:18, 28 November 2010 (UTC) Thinking about it Jalexander--WMF 21:06, 29 November 2010 (UTC)Move to coming
- Actually 5pm is plausible, but dont count on it.--Metallurgist (talk) 09:27, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
- If I can come, I'll be going to the film, Frieda at 5:30; it ends at 7:30, & I will find the rest of you then. DGG ( talk ) 01:16, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- Scheduling conflict - I'll be chairing a banquet that night. Newyorkbrad (talk) 11:35, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- Becksguy (talk) 10:43, 27 November 2010 (UTC) — Also have a preexisting scheduling conflict.
- I will be at my cousins football game Peter.C • talk 15:13, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Won't make it, but if there are any upcoming video opportunities mention me :0 Wwwhatsup (talk) 06:19, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Too close to exams. Savidan 22:50, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Scheduling conflict with work related function(Salmon1 (talk) 01:34, 30 November 2010 (UTC))
- Sorry! --RegentsPark (talk) 15:53, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- Too much RL work. T. Canens (talk) 00:13, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
This is almost perfect, but family is ordering me home. I need to go to NYC anyway...ugh.--Metallurgist (talk) 09:24, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry! Too far to travel.DownUndr (talk) 23:04, 3 December 2010 (UTC)DownUndr
- Sadly can't come to the meetup. :( --Aude (talk) 17:42, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
Attendees of record
- Wikipedians/Wikimedians, from the sign-up sheet.
- Shelley was quite happy that Wikipedians came to see the exhibition and the WikiPop project!