Wikipedia:Meetup/Portland/Christmas in Oregon
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
|When and Where|
Christmas in Oregon is a campaign during the month of December 2013 to photograph the celebration of Christmas throughout the U.S. state of Oregon. Whether or not you observe the holiday, this is an opportunity to capture a part of our culture.
If you are interested in participating, please sign up below!
Coincidentally, Wikimedia Commons is hosting a light-themed photo challenge for the month of December. See Commons:Photo Challenge/2013 - December - Coloured light for more information!
- photograph the celebration of Christmas in Oregon
- populate Category:Christmas in Oregon at Wikimedia Commons
- illustrate any appropriate Wikipedia articles
Instructions and inspiration
In order to upload photographs, you'll need to create an account on Wikimedia Commons if you do not have one.
- 2013 Oregon holiday outings: Portland's Christmas bazaars, holiday home tours and more (2013)
- Keizer Miracle of Christmas Lighting Display (2013)
- The Best Christmas Events in Portland, Oregon (2006)
- Christmas ships
- The Grotto
- Peacock Lane
- store displays
- Christmas trees, decorated or unadorned
- --Another Believer (Talk) 16:33, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
- Visitor7 (talk) 09:02, 15 December 2013 (UTC)
- Tucoxn (talk) 03:50, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
Please share the results of your work here!
- Categories created at Wikimedia Commons: Christmas Ship Parade, Keizer Miracle of Christmas Lighting Display and Peacock Lane
Overall, nearly 100 new photographs were uploaded to Wikimedia Commons!
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christmas in Oregon.|
- WikiProject Oregon, a project dedicated to improving Oregon-related topics on Wikipedia