Wikipedia:New pages patrol/patrolled pages
Patrolled pages (or new pages patrolling) is a subset of the patrolled edits MediaWiki software feature, installed in Wikipedia in November 2007, that indicates whether an article has been patrolled or not when accessed through the new pages feature as well as Special:RecentChanges.
See the help page at m:Help:Patrolled edit; guideline follows.
What to mark as patrolled
- Any page that is proposed for deletion or tagged for speedy deletion, so editors do not waste time patrolling a new page that has already been patrolled.
- Any page that is appropriate for Wikipedia, even if it requires significant work.
- A page with a tag explaining that it needs major improvement.
What not to mark as patrolled
- Pages you are not sure about and want a second (or third) opinion on.
- Any page that is not speedy deletable but still has serious issues and is not (yet) tagged appropriately.