Wikipedia:Peer review/Perspective (video game)/archive1
Perspective (video game)
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I've been working on this article a lot and would like to get it to GA someday; doing this peer review would help me figure out what else to improve.
- I read through the article and watched the trailer. Here are some suggestions.
- The first sentence does not really inform the reader what exactly the game is. Only when one reads the second sentence does it get somewhat clearer, but then again one could argue that all 3D games have a 2D screen that changes based on the camera angle. Consider replacing the first two sentences with something like "Perspective is an experimental puzzle video game in which the player moves an avatar through a 2D platform world that is the projection of a 3D world. Depending on the camera angle, the 2D platform may change to reveal or remove obstacles."
- The sentence "The player's goal is to move an avatar to a goal." is redundant. Of course the goal is to reach the goal. Maybe replace it with something like, "The objective of each level is to navigate the player's avatar from a start position to a target position."
- Some sentences could be made more concise, e.g. "Access is available to some bonus levels, which are unlocked by..." can be shortened to, "Some bonus levels can be unlocked by...".
- I don't think the last two external links are necessary.
- Overall it is a short and sweet article. Most of the important information is there. dllu (t,c) 01:04, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
Comments by DarthBotto
- While it is not pertinent at the moment, as this is quite a ways from becoming a GA/FA article, those references should not be included in the lede, but rather in the main content of the article.
- Aside from the first sentence, the sentences of the intro should be moved to the main content of the article. What should be there are mentions of what distinguishes this subject matter and its development history.
- The gameplay section is short and sweet... perhaps even too short and sweet. Perhaps expand upon it, without it becoming a game guide?
- We should hear the actual development history, rather than simply its release. If it warrants a Wikipedia article, there must be articles and features that discuss this out there.
- Really expand the reception section and don't just list out perspectives; organize them and give some summary.