This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I'm planning to take this to FAC in the near future. It's been almost two years since the article passed GAN and it already underwent a PR before the first FAC was archived. Issues raised during the previous nomination were addressed. However, from an FAC perspective I might be missing a lot. I would like to get some constructive comments before advancing further. Thanks —Vensatry (Ping me) 15:55, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
I'll look at this later in the week, but offhand I've noticed that all of the books are in italics, even publisher names. Only the title should be italicized. I'd place all of the books at the bottom and only use sfn page notes for the notes, something like William Burges. Personally I'm not a fan of digit access dates either but to my knowledge that isn't compulsory. I also I think more than just a paragraph in Art, society and culture should be dedicated to architecture/cityscape, my biggest requirement for a city article is a comprehensive coverage of notable things like palaces, museums, temples, churches, monuments etc as they make up the city itself. I'd like to see a sizable section documenting it in a little more detail. I'd split Society from Art and culture and simply name it Culture and then move architecture to its own section. I'd also move Transport nearer the bottom. Also I can't see anything on healthcare.♦ Dr. ☠ Blofeld 18:19, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Probably part of the Administrative section, starting with "The Lok Sabha seat" to "in the 1998 and 1999 elections", could go (all references 177 to 189), and Kumaramangalam could be mentioned under a separate section under the List of notable people of Trichy. I have referenced ref 2 now correctly. It should be "Sfn" and not 'sfn'. I will do more editing as I go along.--Nvvchar. 16:30, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Here is the prescribed url User:Ucucha/HarvErrors for harv referencing with Sfn.--Nvvchar. 18:43, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- First, it's great to see a city article getting readied for FAC. Wish you all the best!
- I have not yet read anything in the article. Just scrolled from up to the end. The"look" is kind of ok, except that there may be some relatively short paragraphs, however those can be addressed much later. First question, are you confident about all the references? Have you checked/cross-checked all those? In the fac, you can expect a random spot check. A few wrong results would be harmful. By wrong, I mean either the sentence is not supported by the ref, or, close paraphrasing. So, even before going on to detailed review, I'd ask how much familiar are you with the article? Yes it's important to be completely familiar with the article, since city articles are large in size. Also, I see there is a mixture of sfn and regular citation style. This is not an error. But it would be best if you use sfn for all book/printed sources, while regular ref style for online sources.--Dwaipayan (talk) 00:42, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
- Being the second major contributor, I'm very much familiar with this article. However, I was not much into content addition during the GA—FAC 1 period. It was solely expanded by User:Ravichandar84, who seems to have retired now. Though I've not checked each and every source, I trust Ravi. Everything will be checked before submitting the article to FAC. —Vensatry (Ping me) 16:44, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
- Mention the approx time of Ptolemy.
- Mention the approx time of the Kallanai dam building, or, the reign of the king who built it.
- " demise of Pallava" is probably not the best usage.
- a descriptor for Malik Kafur would help. Who was he?
- the victorious armies of Delhi sultanate... ravaged the kingdom. Which kingdom?
- so, the Chanda Sahib who was captured in 1741 by Maratha defeated the Carnatic Nawab Wallajah in 1751? And where was Wallajah based prior to this defeat?
- between Wallajah restored to throne and Nanjaraja attacking Trichi, perhaps it would be easy to understand if you can explain the role of East India company. The Company was protecting the city?
- TipuSltan's attack needed in a stalemate. What exactly was the stalemate in this case? The city was prevented from attack, but Tipu was actually not stopped?
- the sentence describing the annexation of Carnatic kingdom by British is not clear. By British, you mean East India Company, right? Also, Madaras government was British? Nawab at the time... Of where?
- Can you be more specific about which one needs clarification? —Vensatry (Ping me) 18:14, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- any other important things in history during independence movement, or, in the independent india? Any significant recent history?
- They are explained in the sub page. Do you want to include all those here? —Vensatry (Ping me) 07:02, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- Subpages may have further details. In this article we definitely need summary. Post-independece, nothing is mentioned in the current form. Regarding other points, those atre for clarification only; if not clarified, those may hault easy reading.--Dwaipayan (talk) 17:47, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- the older part of the city situated within the fort... What fort?
- the penultimate paragraph in Geography and climate does not read very well. Some info is actually better suitable elsewhere. For example, the drinking water supply suits in Utility services.
- population data needs the year of census.--Dwaipayan (talk) 03:33, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
- Demography section is in need of copy edit. Too many use of " total", pure structural error (the literacy rate sentence), what is the relationship between the South railway headquarter and Anglo-Indian population?
- A large number of Anglo Indian people were employed in the Southern railway. Trichy was once the head quarters of the Southern railway during which a lot of people from the community came and settled here for employment. —Vensatry (Ping me) 15:51, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- what is meant by "traditional Chola heartland"?
- home to film artists? Does the city have studios etc?
- No, it does not have nay studios. However, film fraternities like MK Thyagaraja Bagavadhar, S. A. Ashokan, Ravichandran and musicians like Trichy Sankaran hail from the city. —Vensatry (Ping me) 13:37, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- Jallikattu tournament probably needs some elaboration.
- second paragraph of culture seems hotchpotch. It says the festivals, then crafts, then tourism, then reason for lack of tourism. Too many themes, it seems.--Dwaipayan (talk) 00:12, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- "Brahminical culture" currently leads to "Brahmin". So, need to explain, even if in short, what exactly is Brahminical culture. Indeed I am curious to know what it is.--Dwaipayan (talk) 17:47, 13 August 2013 (UTC)