A lot of work has been done on this one in the past weeks (references, pictures, cleanup). I hope it's ready for FA status! --Kristbg 14:27, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Three, Joshua Tree, Zoo TV and Superbowl pics need fair use rationales. Other than that, this article is really deserving of this popular band. Wiki-newbie 14:43, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- Done. Wiki-newbie 20:46, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- Nice article and my favorite band ;-). Here's some minor improvement list:
- The last paragraph of the lead section should be splitted into more sentences. Otherwise it is an orphaned paragraph. How about:
The band is politically active in human rights and charitable causes. That includes the Make Poverty History campaign, Live Aid, Live 8, Bono's DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa) campaign, and The Edge's Music Rising.
- Please find reliable sources only. I found one link to a Wikipedia article. If it is possible, then please also link the source to news articles in U2.com into the actual news that it comes from. The songfacts.com is broken (currently), please check.
- Perhaps missing information for the next FAC: Awards and Critics sections. Perhaps if there is something about the band's lifestyle.
- Overall, it's a comprehensive article in particular of the band's history with good sources, but perhaps other aspects of the band are needed to be expanded. — Indon (reply) — 15:58, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestions. We'll try to work on them as soon as possible! --Kristbg 16:18, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- I fixed the wikipedia link (pointed it to grammy.com). The songfacts.com seems to work fine. Keep the suggestions for improvement coming. Wikipedia brown 04:35, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
I wouldn't mind an extra 10KB to study U2's work thematically, and how it links to their humanitarian work. Criticism on their charity work would be more appropriate to the personal article on the band members, but if it's musical criticism (like those who just feel they went downhill post-Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby etc) then that'd be fine. Overall in it's current form it's fine as a history of the band. Maybe that's what it should be. Wiki-newbie 20:35, 4 December 2006 (UTC)