From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please choose the most appropriate place to ask your question, as misplaced questions may get overlooked! A helpful volunteer will answer it shortly ...
- The Reference Desk is like a library reference desk where you can ask questions about any topic except Wikipedia itself. The editors there will try to answer your questions, or point you in the direction of the information you need.
e.g. "What country has the world's largest fishing fleet?"
- The reference desk is divided into several subject areas:
- Computing – Entertainment – Language – Humanities – Mathematics – Science
- If you are unsure of the exact area use Miscellaneous.
Comments about specific articles
- Each article has its own talk page to ask questions or make constructive comments regarding its content, when you are viewing the article, just click on the talk tab at the top of the page. Bear in mind, however, that Wikipedia is not a forum for discussion about the topics of articles – comments should be limited to the article's content.
Live chat help
- For assistance with Wikipedia-related queries (not general factual questions), you can join the #wikipedia-en-help IRC chat room for live assistance. If you are not familiar with IRC, or your browser doesn't support it, Click here to get connected!
Questions about using and contributing to Wikipedia
Your question might already be answered in the Frequently Asked Questions, otherwise:
- Help Desk is the main place to ask a question and also where to turn when all else fails.
- The Teahouse is a friendly space for new editors to ask questions & get to know one another.
- New users' help page is a centralized help directory for new users.
- Editor assistance/Requests is a place to ask for help regarding content issues and disputes.
- Highly Active Users is a page where you can request assistance and advice directly from active Wikipedia editors in your own timezone.
- The Village Pump is the forum for discussion of more complex project-wide technical issues, policies, proposals, and operations of Wikipedia.
- Media copyright questions covers the use of images and other media on Wikipedia.
- Requests lists further request departments.
Personal help on your talk page
- Contact us is a page that describes how and where to contact Wikipedia directly for a variety of reasons.