In Wikipedia and other MediaWiki projects, Special:Random can be used to access a random article in the main namespace; this feature is useful as a general starting point for browsing Wikipedia or if you just want to learn a random piece of information.
Depending on your browser, it's also possible to load a random page using a keyboard shortcut (in Firefox and Chrome Alt-Shift+X).
To create a link to a random page in a different namespace, use
For example, Special:Random/Talk will take you to a random article's talk page.
|Display a random page in other namespaces:
|Display a random redirect in other namespaces:
If you are wondering if the "random article" feature is really random, read the answer here.
- Wikipedia:Random page patrol
- Wikipedia:Random pages test
- Wikipedia:Wiki-Link Game – fun with the Random article feature
- Wikipedia:Enhanced Random Article – custom script
- randomlink.js – tool to follow a random link or go to a random page in a category, list or WikiProject
- Template:Random page in category
- Wikimedia sister projects