Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2011 November 10
|< November 9||<< Oct | November | Dec >>||November 11 >|
|Welcome to the Wikipedia Computing Reference Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is an archive page. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.|
Harddisk Partition in Windows 7
Is it possible to increase size of a partition without disturbing it
's data (there is space available). This partition happens to be "default partition" and is almost full, so I keep on getting annoying messages about it being having no more space ( I don't put any new data here, of course) but even when I install programs etc. on other partitions (which do have space), the fact that this partition has no spaces becomes the problem leading to giveup the install itself. What should I do ? (talk) 13:14, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- -- Finlay McWalterჷTalk 13:24, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Backing up is wise; changing partitions is not for the faint hearted. I agree that gparted is the best tool for the job. Do not use Partition Magic as bugs in that software has on more than one occasion ended in failure for me (thank goodness for backups but I would have rather had a successful resize rather than gigs of restores to do). The best tool for recovering lost partitions (just before embarking on a restore) is a brilliant free utility called testdisk.
Apple Developer Account Question
I'm reading from a book about the process, and I read the following:
"You have to enroll as either an individual or as a company. If you choose individual, you will not be able to add other programmers or quality assurance members to your account, which is necessary to distribute your application to others during the development and testing process. However, if you select Company, you will be required to provide detailed information about your company."
I don't have a company, but if I were to get into this, I'd like to be able to put apps on my own iPhone that is registered to me. If I get a Standard Program certificate as an individual, will it be possible for me to put apps at the development and testing phase on my own phone? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:15, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- I recommend checking the website at developer.apple.com. From the iOS Developer Account Management FAQ: "How many iOS devices can I register for testing and Ad Hoc distribution? You are allowed to register up to 100 iOS devices for testing and Ad Hoc distribution per membership year. Please Note: Although you may remove a device from your account, it will continue to count against your 100 device limit." If you have other questions, you can start by checking the Developer Support webpage, often the fastest way to get your answer. Nimur (talk) 17:28, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
I wanted to draw planck distribution function in Graph (software) and animate it with respect to T as the varying constant, but even though I put everything correctly, it doesn't draw it. Why?--Irrational number (talk) 18:46, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- You say you're trying to animate with respect to T the function
- or ,
- but in that function, T is the variable. According to this,
- "you select which constant you want to change in the animation. The constant must already have been created in the Custom functions/constants dialog. The selected constant will be changed in each frame in the animation."
- (emphasis added by me) so like it seems you know, this software can animate with respect to incrementally changing constants and redrawing the function, but not incrementally changing the variable and redrawing the function so far. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:15, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
Sonic Heroes Blender 3d Answer!
- In order to find Sonic models, I googled "Sonic models". This  is the first link (apart from links to youtube videos). It has Sonic models for the Garry's Mod game. I expect they will be in SMD format, so you will need the tools to import SMD files into Blender. (talk) 04:17, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- Sonic Fan Games HQ's forums may be a better place to ask, if you've not tried yet. --Colapeninsula (talk) 23:26, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- On Wikipedia, we tend to discourage copyright infringing material... Subtle, aren't I? « Aaron Rotenberg « Talk « 18:59, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- Anymore websites?
Sonic Game maker help
Hi I'm the guy with Sonic Heroes Blender 3D question,Where can I get 3D gameplay(like Sonic Realms of Chaos) for Game Maker?~Tailsman67~ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:25, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Your Google-fu is weak, strengthen, you must. Anyway, I googled "Game Maker 3D" and got 17,300,000 results. You could try looking there first. HTH, User:Bodman456 | Come talk to me or ask me a question! (I don't bite ;D) 04:33, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- Na,I'm more of a Bing-fu.....I found it!Thanks!