Wikipedia:Requested articles/Social sciences/Geography, cities, regions and named places
|Add your request in the most appropriate place below.|
Before adding a request please:
Also, when adding a request, please include as much information as possible (such as webpages, articles, or other reference material) so editors can find and distinguish your request from an already-created article.
|Please only request articles about general Geography, all other country or continent-specific articles go on their respective pages on the navbox below. If you cannot find the country you need, please add a new section titled with the country at the bottom of this page.|
I wanted to request an article but I got to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requested_articles/Social_sciences/Geography,_cities,_regions_and_named_places and there is no category for my request. The page says I can add "add a category at the bottom of the page" but there is no button or highlight to do this!
I just wanted to point out that there is no page relating countries to the common useage names of their populations, e.g. Australia, Australian - Denmark, Dane - Faroe Islands - Faroese and so on. Wikipedia has exhaustive lists of football teams and a million other things but no page related to this.
- Matchi Nature Refuge, see https://maps.google.com/?ll=39.494371,69.680271&spn=0.115645,0.264187&t=h&z=13 and also the name of the mountain range separating Tajikistan in that location.
- Kuskoy and Kuşköy, Linked to as "Village of the Birds" from Whistled_language#Examples. Wikipedia page in Turkish: [Kuşköy, Çanakçı]
Karagatch, Izmir, Turkey (Latitude: 37° 58' 0 N, Longitude: 27° 10' 60 E)
Oceania & Polynesia
- Waterhouse Island Group There's a page for each island, but not as a group.
- Austral Summer
- Cooper's Creek, Victoria was once a small settlement in the Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia.
- Ian Carroll
- Tongio, Victoria
- Kingdom of Camberra - not sure what you mean. Is this a Micronation? Should it be listed on the Micronation page as such?
- Bull Creek Wetlands, Western Australia
- Kandama Village, Western Australia
- List of Australian place name etymologies
- The Candlestick A famous totem pole in Tasmania.
South & Central America
- List of Central American place name etymologies
- List of South American place name etymologies
- Taguatinga, Distrito Federal Brazil
- Gamboa Rainforest Resort Located in the Rainforest in Gamboa with an aerial tram cutting through the rainforest and lots of other attractions & eco-tourism
- List of South American Metropolitan Areas by population
- Growing cities in the United States - There is a page for shrinking cities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrinking_cities_in_the_United_States) but not growing cities.
- Foire Saint-Martin - An annual Festival in Pontoise that has ran since 1170. An article already exists on the French Wikipedia, which could be translated and added: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foire_Saint-Martin_(Pontoise)
- List of Survey Houses by country
- Nolli Map - map showing the density of buildings in the city
- Square Mile Map - map showing the density of buildings in the city in per mile
- List of busiest Paris Métro stations
- List of fallen kingdoms and countries
- Formal Region
- Vernacular Region
- Consolidated Statistical Area
- Tripartite Mappemundi
- Quadripartite Mappemundi
- The International Map of the World (see e.g. http://geography.about.com/od/historyofgeography/a/millionthmap.htm)
- Theoretical geography
- Internet geography
- Falkland Island Dependencies - former entity including South Georgia, South Shetland, Graham Land, etc.
- International Association of Geodesy (IAG) see link 
- Survey House
- Talis (place) (There is a historical area of the globe called "Talis" shown on a globe in The Vatican Museum, but no reference here AFAICT)
- Trade area model / Trading area model / Trade-area model / Trading-area model
- Huff model
- Converse breaking point model / Converse break point model
- Global Phenomena
- Financial geography
- Agricultural geography (de)
- Rural geography (es)
- Applied geography (de)
- Transnational metropolitan area just found that we have Transborder agglomeration but at the moment this article is just a list.
- Cahill-Keyes Map, see Dymaxion Map and http://www.genekeyes.com/FULLER/BF-1-intro.html --Kebap (talk) 22:46, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- List of largest cities by surface area, Allen (Morriswa) (talk) 00:42, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- Cassini Co-ordinates - Defining the Point of Location with respective co-ordinates
- Lux Resorts - Indian Ocean (http://www.luxresorts.com/en)
- The distance between the North Pole and the South Pole (kilometers) Latitude-Geographical Reference System