Wikipedia:School and university projects/NNU Class Project/Winter 2012
This project page is for Nanjing Normal University's Class Project - Winter 2012
|This page is related to the 2012 NNU Class Project, an article creation project involving students from Nanjing Normal University, China
Please feel free to modify this page.
Schedule of events
Please rough-in events that we need to do, such as prep welcome template, post the template, etc.
- Feb 19 and Feb 21: Josh (instructor) will teach the students basic editing, etc.
- Feb 26: Deadline for students to be registered and signed up for topics.
- April: Ongoing editing, feedback, expansion. Comments and suggestions on draft articles. Articles that are ready are moved to mainspace.
- April 15: Deadline for translation articles to find references.
- From April 30: Remaining articles "submitted" automatically to helpers. Helpers begin to cut and edit directly, instead of only making suggestions.
- May 30: goal for all articles to be "finished" and on mainspace.
The aim of this project is to assemble and provide quality control to 40 to 50 articles to be created by small teams of NNU students.
Students will be assigned topics by the course instructor. The students' only role will be to add referenced content to assigned subpages here, under the guidance of their instructor.
Helpers can choose tasks, such as formatting, checking for copyvios, adding categories, etc., and help make the articles ready for the mainspace.
Management of these tasks will be done at the Article management subpage.
Unlike last term, there will be separation between the students and helpers. They are not here to be Wikipedians, but just to learn how to write content.
(The project for last term was run very differently. There was no preparation at all because we didn't know that they were coming. They simply arrived en masse. We put things together in a hurry, there was no division of tasks for the helpers, and the students struggled with topic selection, wiki markup, etc.)
Editors willing to help
Students: To contact a helper, please click "talk" beside that person's name:
- Anna Frodesiak (talk) 05:06, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- Graeme Bartlett (talk) 06:48, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- wctaiwan (talk) 07:16, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- bobrayner (talk) 13:15, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- Dave1185 (talk) 13:15, 29 January 2012 (UTC) (PS: I'm conversant in both English language and Standard Chinese.)
- Antandrus (talk) 15:38, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- Philosopher Let us reason together. 19:54, 29 January 2012 (UTC) If anyone has a question about Images or Commons:, leave me a note!
- My76Strat (talk) 03:19, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- L.tak (talk) 15:30, 30 January 2012 (UTC) Why not; eager to see if we can find a good form for these students and further diversiy wikipedia!
- Ganeshk (talk) 00:58, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Pete (talk) 13:35, 4 February 2012 (UTC). Always here to help. I can read a little Chinese.
- →Στc. 05:44, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Puffin (talk) 11:30, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- MakecatTalk 09:22, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
- Raw list of draft articles and student names, and other lists (to add to watchlist)
- Student list with links to articles
- Topic list
- Contributions of student participants only
Here are some key points in the plan for this project, from an IRC discussion:
After project completion:
- Add items to "List of..." Done
- Reflinks Done
- Check for stray double redirects and subpages Done
- Swap in alt banners Done
- Closing remarks/dates/status at this main page Done
- Hand out barnstars to worthy folks Done
- Block Josh (kidding) Done
- Notes/service awards/stars to good students - will get to that Done
- Note to self: Block self Done
- Thank everyone Done
- Kick back with coffee and check over articles, unhurried - will continue to do so
- Not included in Article Management:
- Interwikis - I think bots do that Done
- PD images - will let the general public tag where they see fit, so Done
- Tags - will let the general public tag where they see fit so Done
- Commonscat Done, I think
- Contains chinese text box - I hate those and so will not do it. If others want to, fine. Done
- Add items to dab pages Done
- Hatnotes Done
- Redirects to articles for alt spellings/names, acronyms/abbrevs, etc. Done