(see below for TSN Developers)
|Written in||C#/SQL backend|
|Operating system||(Plugin for AutoWikiBrowser)|
WikiProject TypoScan maintains a list of all articles with known typos in an SQL database. It leverages the typo finding and fixing power of RegExTypoFix with the automation and framework of AutoWikiBrowser to then assign blocks of typos to users to fix.
What is it?
At its core TypoScan is a list of tens of thousands of articles that have typos in them according to RegExTypoFix, a sister project to TypoScan. This list is then put in a database and assigned to users in 100 article blocks with AutoWikiBrowser. These blocks do not imply any kind of obligation - if you don't do some of the articles they are just put back in the pool. People are free to grab 100 articles and only do 10 of them. The progress is tracked either way. Cool!
Any user with AWB can use TypoScan. It's a plugin!
First, load the plugin from the top-line menu: Plugins --> Load --> TypoScan.dll.
In AWB select "TypoScan" from Make list, and click "Make list", you will be given 100 articles. Turn on RegExTypoFix, and select to skip if no typos fixed. It is probably also worth enabling general fixes, auto tag, and any other similar custom things you have of your own - They can then be applied to articles with typo fixes, improving them further at the same time.
Every 25 pages or when you close AWB your results will AUTOMAGICALLY be uploaded to the TypoScan point tracking server at tools:~awb/typoscan You can manually upload your progress by going to Plugins > TypoScan plugin > Upload.
Don't worry if you check out a list of articles and cannot process them all. If AWB does not report within 3 hours about their status the database server will automatically put them back in the pool. There are tens of thousands of articles to go through - so don't worry about it! Bear in mind, that if you make a list and leave it for a reasonable period of time, its probably worth clearing your ListMaker and taking a new list.
Please note that only any articles added via the Make List "TypoScan" function will be recorded back to the database. If you have to close AWB, if you've saved the article list, it is not linked in with the TypoScan plugin. Please just clear the list and start with a new list.
Latest dump: April 2012
- Download latest database
- Rescan latest database
- Compare results to last scan
- List of articles to be removed
- List of articles to be added
- Merge results into SQL database
Please feel free to add yourself here, and to indicate any areas of particular interest.
- Reedy (WikiProject Lead / Lead Developer)
- MaxSem (Developer)
- mboverload@ (Founder / Wikipedia presence manager / Public Relations)
- ThaddeusB (talk · contribs) (fixing typos for now, possibly project development in the future) 07:35, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- Bwilkins (talk · contribs) 23:03, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Robert Skyhawk (talk · contribs) 00:11, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Dillard421 (talk · contribs)
- Arbitrarily0 (talk · contribs)
- Shirulashem (talk · contribs)
- gracefool (talk · contribs) 10:56, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yotcmdr (talk)
- Aphrodite4497 (talk · contribs)
- Marek69 (talk · contribs)
- Darkwind (talk · contribs)
- Allmightyduck (talk · contribs)
- bender235 (talk · contribs)
- Afaber012 (talk · contribs)
- Tito Dutta ✉
- Inks.LWC (talk · contribs)
- Mjs1991 (talk · contribs)
- Breno (talk · contribs)
- AnthonyW90 (talk · contribs) (interested in fixing typos, in particular taking on articles with multiple typos)
- Tentinator (talk · contribs)
- Jamesmcmahon0 (talk · contribs)
- Clarkcj12 (talk · contribs)
- Faizan (talk · contribs)