Wikipedia:Tip of the day/January 26
And of course, it's a baker's dozen...
- Create a user account (how and why)
- How to sign your comments (please do)
- Look before you leap (check for existing articles before you create one on that topic)
- How to start a new article
- How to make links to articles
- How to insert a picture into an article
- Where on the page to put images
- A better wiki editor: WikEd
- Check your work before you save, using Preview
- Automatic edit summary reminder
- How to move/rename a page
- How to display daily tips on your userpage
If you know even more important tips than these, please come to Tip of the day and add them to our tip collection. Enlighten us with your wisdom, and make Wikipedia a better place for everyone.
Read more: Wikipedia:Tip of the day