Wikipedia:Tip of the day/September 2
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here are some spelling checkers to assist you in your Wikipedia editing. Please spell check before you save an article. (Also nice for spot checking articles).
- Mozilla Firefox add-on for U.S English, also British, Canadian, Australian and South African.
- Google Toolbar offers spell checking in various languages for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- A well-designed spell checker for Internet Explorer is ieSpell.
- For Mozilla Firefox textboxes, there's SpellBound.
- Post 7.5 versions of Opera: GNU Aspell can be used as spellchecker by Opera (textboxes only.)
- Konqueror uses Aspell if it's installed and set up in your KDE Control Center.
- A good stand-alone spell checker for English Wikipedia pages is Inspyder InSite. (The free version is good enough for fixing Wikipedia articles.)
- The Mac OS X's universal spell checker is available in Wikipedia's "edit this page" mode while using Safari and in theory any other Cocoa-based browser.
Read more: Wikipedia:Tools