|WikiProject Accessibility menu|
Quick reference guide
- Jump to search box = Alt + F (or Alt + Shift + F if Alt + F is processed by your browser, e.g. File menu), Then hit "enter" for forms mode unless you have JAWS 10 or later and you have the Auto Forms Mode enabled where you can down arrow into the edit field and Forms Mode will turn on, or if you have the "Navigation Quick Key Delay" setting set to anything other than "Never" where the Forms Mode will turn on automatically after a specific time, then type your word(s) and hit "enter" on your keyboard. JAWS should start reading the main article (If you jumped to an article).
It can sometimes be helpful to know what the page looks like to sighted users. All pages on Wikipedia have the same format.
Main article space
When you open a Wikipedia page JAWS will start reading the "article". There are several tabs on the top lined up like recipe cards above the content of the article and below the static links along the top. These tabs are specific to the current article. (links to an article describing the function are followed by short cut keys)
- Article Short Cut = Alt + C
- Discussion (or talk page) Short Cut = Alt + T
- Edit this page Short Cut = Alt + E
- History Short Cut = Alt + H
- Move Short Cut = Alt + M
- Watch/Unwatch Short Cut = Alt + W.
The left side of the page is static and it has the Wikipedia image in the top corner. Below the image is
- A Navigation box containing several links (links to location followed by short cut if available).
- A Search box Short Cut = Alt + F, Then hit "enter" for forms mode unless (see above), then type your word(s) and hit "enter" on your keyboard. For a search box in which the cursor is already focused, use www.wikipedia.org
- The Toolbox which is another Navigation box that is article specific and usually contains the following links.
Along the top of the page is a static area containing links to the following. (links to an article describing the function are followed by short cut keys)
- Your user page (if you are signed on with an account) Short cut = Alt + . (period)
- My talk Short cut = Alt + N
- My preferences Short cut = Alt + - (dash)
- My watchlist Short cut = Alt + L
- My contributions Short cut = Alt + Y
- Log in / Log out to log in or create an account Special:Userlogin (use Webvisum to solve the CAPTCHA, ask User:Graham87 for an invite if necessary)
- Wikipedia:Keyboard shortcuts
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Usability
- Web Accessibility Initiative