|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
This is a currently incomplete list of 10,000 subjects for which Wikipedia should ultimately have high-quality articles. It expands on Wikipedia:Vital articles, which lists 1000 articles. This list is in the process of being refined and prioritized on the basis of topic-by-topic discussion and !voting. Changes can be proposed on the talk page. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Because of its size, Vital Articles/Expanded has been split into eleven sublists:
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/People
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/History
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Geography
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Arts
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Philosophy and religion
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Everyday life
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Society and social sciences
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Biology and health sciences
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Physical sciences
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Technology
- Wikipedia:Vital articles/Expanded/Mathematics
If you spot a duplicate listing, please remove one of them; if you aren't sure in which section a topic belongs, please initiate a discussion on the talk page.
As of 26 October 2014, this list includes 9746 individual articles, based on the manually entered totals for each of the sublists:
|Section||26 October 2014||Target number|
|Philosophy and religion||420||425|
|Society and social sciences||880||900|
|Biology and health sciences||1448||1500|
|Health, medicine and disease||228||250|
|Basics and measurement||85||100|
- Watchlist for all the sublists: Recentchangeslinked/Wikipedia:Vital_articles/Expanded.
- As with the 1000 article list, this list has a corresponding Wikimedia project, the 10,000 articles every Wikipedia should have.